- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client, an indigenous company established by a group of seasoned professionals with an interest in providing end-to-end solutions in all aspects of data storage (Electronic and Physical) with a view to controlling cost, maintaining business continuity of its clients is looking to fill the role of Software Developer
Drive company's vision by ensuring the availability, protection and performance of all applications & application servers in the organisation.
• Designing, Implementation and Support of company's Applications & Application Servers
• Work with technology operations to implement, configure and deploy new applications and application servers, including the installation of application schemas into databases.
• Deliver 2nd level support to resolve daily issues with respect to the availability of applications and application servers.
• Capacity planning and re-configuration of all application servers in the operating environment and advice the team on actions to ensure continued performance and availability on an ongoing basis.
• Implement and verify the correct and continuous functioning of backup, disaster recovery and security policies for all applications & application server log and configuration files in the operating environment.
• Application/Application Server Upgrades and Maintenance
• Update operational application servers as required in order to meet security, performance, availability, and capacity goals for all company's services on an ongoing basis.
• Participate in and certify upgrades and patches of the applications and application servers in the company's Operating Environment.
• Certify proof of concepts during evaluation for the purchase of new applications/application servers for all company's services.
• Implement security policies on operational applications and application servers as prescribed by the Information Security personnel on an ongoing basis.
• Must possess a first degree in computer science or related field
• Must have At least 5 years of experience as a java and alternative software service developer.
• Must demonstrate a good understanding of document security.
• Strong background in development, online and in solution provisioning.
• Experience with support computing
• Software development background, experience with continuous integration and testing.
• Knowledge of Technology Risk as pertains to data storage knowledge
• Analyzing Information
• General Programming Skills
• Software Design
• Software Debugging
• Software Documentation
• Software Testing
• Problem Solving
Remuneration is negotiable.