Senior Commercial Officer
- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client, a leading provider of freight forwarding, project logistics management and shipping services, is looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Officer who will be responsible for supervising Pricing units and ensuring prompt response to RFQs.
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
• Assist in formulation of commercial procedure within the department with the supervision of the business manager.
• Supervise all Commercial activities of the unit to ensure adherence to company standards and policies.
• Participate in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates for business prospects, bids and tenders in liaison with the Sales team
• Co-ordinating and responding to all RFQs and RFIs for the FGSL Sales team
• Timely preparation of quotations and commercials for RFQs, obtaining approval from business manager where necessary and respond within deadlines
• Apply company Industry rates /standards in preparing quotations and contracts and responding to customer needs within lead time.
• Develop database of all customers from the request platform
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all contacts with clients (Local and International) and furnish this to business manager periodically
• Weekly update of file including completed, ongoing, and pending jobs analysis and submission of report to Head of the Business Unit.
• Monitor and report monthly, contract end date. List customers whose contracts are due to expire and recommend pricing for contract renewal to the General Business Manager.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• A minimum of seven (7) years’ industry experience, three of which must have been in similar supervisory role
• Vast experience in receiving inquiries, interpreting customer’s need and giving quotation in time in accordance with industry standards and procedure.
• A degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Economics or related disciplines
• Excellent negotiation skill
• Business writing skill
• Good knowledge of finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work with numbers
• Good interpersonal and client management skills
• Experience preparing proposals, bids and tenders
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.