- Warri, Nigeria
Our client is a major player in the upstream and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, their capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
- Command vessels in various bodies of water.
- Hire and supervise ship crew members.
- Maintain boat and equipment.
- Operate and maintain engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, and life preservers.
- Measure and record water depths.
- Stick to planned route.
- Ensure adequate levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen.
- Use flashing lights and whittles to signal passing vessels.
- Resolve problems with customers.
- Tow and maneuver barges.
- Signal tugboats.
- Unload and attempt to sell cargo.
- Sort logs or salvage lost logs.
- Utilize electronic sounding devices.
- Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing ship equipment.
- Inspect vessels.
- Set courses and determine speeds using charts, plotting sheets, sextants, and compasses.
- Monitor loading of cargo.
- Record ship positions and movements.
· Have a Master Mariner License
· Must have sailed on international waters
· Must have worked on Cargo's / Freighters
· Ideal candidate from the Merchant Navy
· 7 yrs working experience as a Captain on the international merchant ships, multipurpose cargo preferred.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.