Instrumental/ Mechanical Engineer
- Warri, Nigeria
Our client is a major player in the upstream and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, their capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
INSTRUMENTAL/ MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Job Purpose: Responsible for the design, installation, management and maintenance and repair of all machinery and mechanical equipment in the operation sites.
- Oversees the management, design, and installation of the machines and control systems used in operation sites
- Develop completion designs for platform and subsea wells, selection of appropriate materials (metallurgy, elastomers etc.), selection of sand face completion techniques, completion stress analyses.
- Daily checks and monitoring of all rotating equipment in the FPSO ie diesel generators, transfer pump, compressors, crane etc.
- Prepare maintenance schedule for rotating equipment and write daily report for operational maintenance.
- Ensure operation, proper servicing and daily preventive maintenance on drilling and safety equipment.
- Monitor regular supply and distribution of power to wherever necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ensure permit to work & isolation are fully implemented.
- Liaise with Marine Department to replenish consumables fuel and water on Board.
- Run and retrieve BOP.
- Carry out minor repairs on diesel generators, pumps, crane engine, compressors etc. when the need arises.
- Carry out daily checks on spares and report to the supervisor on timely provision of spares needed to avoid unnecessary breakdown.
- Daily checks , documentation and hourly monitoring of the running parameters of the generators to avoid unplanned shut down.
- Run daily checks on water level, oil level, fan belt condition.
- Support contractors on major repairs like complete overhauling and other technical activities.
- Daily checks, monitoring and reporting signs of failure that cannot be handled immediately to the supervisor on board so as to call for timely support.
- 8 years Oil and Gas experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintaining machines and mechanical components
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Good supervisory skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer literacy
(This Position Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)