HR Rewards Specialist
- Lagos, Nigeria
We are a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Expatriate and Allied Services, and Estate Management. Our client, a pace setter in the insurance Industry is seeking to hire a talented HR Rewards Specialist
Responsible for analyzing compensation data within the organization and evaluating job positions to determine classification and salary. Administers employee insurance, pension and savings plans and works with Pay and Tax Consultants to ensure proper standards in payroll entry.
• Design, implement, and manage salary classification and compensation programs
• Conduct analysis of compensation and benefits within company.
• Prepare occupational classifications and salary scale and determine appropriate base pay.
• Oversee competitive analysis, merit increases and salary structure.
• Analyze surveys to ensure appropriate compensation across all departments.
• Forecast budget for salary increases.
• Administer and manage employee insurance plans.
• Oversee pension and savings plans.
• Advise on salary increase, pay variation requests.
• Research job and worker requirements, structural and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and occupational trends.
• Advises managers and employees on Nigeria Labour Law and other federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.
• Implements actions as per Recognition and Reward guidelines.
• Monitors HR process and quality checks information in respect of annual increases, bonuses and share schemes.
• Analyses pay trends.
• Provides advice and support to managers and staff on the interpretation and application of mobility system.
• Working with HR Business Partners
• Assist with payroll management of international assignees and the delivery of expatriation policies within the business
• Liaise with OMEM International Mobility team on pay and tax information
• Providing ‘on the ground’ support to the expatriates in relation to their move and during their secondment, liaising with external vendors to provide relocation, tax and other support as well as general troubleshooting as required
• Manage extensions and repatriations of expatriates, initiating external vendors and working with them to streamline the day to day process.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
• Certification in Personnel Management (an advantage)
• Experience in Compensation and Benefits analysis
• Experience in a Human Resource role (an advantage) 10 years’ work experience
• Expatriate tax experience needed
• Knowledge of PAYE, share scheme
• High Analytical skills
• Sound knowledge of the Nigeria labour law
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
• Very Good Knowledge of MS packages - Word, Powerpoint, etc.
• Excellent Report writing skills
• Strong numerical skills, ability to analyse data, spot trends, identify errors and process large amounts of numerical data very accurately
• Strong excel skills – formulas for data analysis and checking, use/creation of macros, pivot tables, etc.
• Strong numerical abilities
• High attention to detail and ability to spot errors
• Highly organised
• Results oriented
• Hard working with proactive approach
• Ability to coordinate between several teams and countries
• Strong attention to detail, error and sense checking
only qualified candidates will be contacted