- Lagos, Nigeria
Our Client, a top notch player in the insurance Industry is seeking to hire a apt and dynamic candidate who will function as Personal Assistant.
This position is responsible for managing administrative duties for the Personal Assistant as well as handling sensitive assignments that include highly confidential information. Provide critical information connection between the Personal Assistant and internal & external customers to result in high quality and timely delivery of service.
Diary management and administration
- Manage diary; understanding the importance of key meetings, building flexibility into the diary and anticipating needs
- To organise external visits, meetings and speaking engagements and coordinate briefing and material, and make travel and accommodation arrangements to ensure budget and time management pressures are met.
- Prepare letters, reports and other documents
- Screen incoming telephone calls; direct them appropriately
- Review incoming correspondence, distribute and respond accordingly. Follow up where necessary
- Manage and organise administration
- Prepare documentation such as agendas and figures for meetings/ presentations and co-ordinate any project work
- Ensure correct briefing notes or papers for meetings
- Note take in meetings as and when required
- Create and maintain filling systems
- Make and coordinate travel arrangements in line with Company policy
- Ensure stationery supplies are maintained
- Provide support for all other administrative tasks as directed
- Maintain the organisational charts for areas of responsibility
- Process expenses within Company guidelines / time frames for the Chairman’s office
- Attending to meetings in place of the Chairman if necessary
- Remember deadlines and prompt where necessary
- Communicate clearly, confidently and in a professional manner at all levels both internally and externally
- Deal with all enquiries and requests promptly only escalating when necessary
- Uses initiative to solve problems without the need to escalate
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key contacts
- Convey a professional image at all times, exercising tact and diplomacy in handling a range of situations of differing content and complexity
- Handle sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role within a structured corporate environment
- Knowledgeable in the use of the internet and other electronic office equipment
- Preferable Male
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidate should be analytically sound and good with figures.
- Good multi-tasking skills; energetic and result oriented
- Planning and prioritizing skills
- Effective and proven interpersonal skills
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of information
- Must be conversant with the use of Microsoft Office application
- Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology in meeting management (Skype, GotoMeeting, Video Conferencing)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Seamless support
- Schedules managed effectively
- Their office delivers to deadlines
- Work is accurate