- Lagos, Nigeria
We are a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Expatriate and Allied Services, and Estate Management. Our client, a pace setter in the insurance Industry is seeking to hire a talented Underwriting Officer.
The purpose of the role is to provide quality underwriting outcomes for the Commercial/Personal
lines underwriting function through effectively maintaining underwriting standards and providing
quality client and broker service. Must be multi skilled with the ability to mentor and train junior
underwriters and have high technical knowledge.
• Underwrites in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
• Ensures that all documentation is issued, checked and authorised prior to despatch
• Ensures queries are resolved in line with company standards
• Ensures timeous and accurate management of mail count
• Requests, monitors survey and survey requirements as per laid down procedures
• Corrects unprofitable policies
• Maintains service, quality and desired outputs within a specific functional process through ensuring compliance to tactical policies, procedures and standards
• Resolves escalated customer queries and complaints and provide feedback to customers on matters resolved.
• Shares knowledge on, and participate in, the creation of new standards, control systems and procedures to maintain service delivery.
Key Result Areas
• Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
• Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality over periods of 1 day to a max of three months.
• Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
• Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
• Accepts and lives the company values.
• Manages effective customer service and relations to deliver customer service satisfaction
• Adhere to all financial requirements and ensure cost control
• Adhere to governance controls
• Effectively maintains underwriting standards and provides quality client and broker service
• Implements continuous improvement in work processes, procedures and schedules
• Maintains people practices in line with organisational guidelines, policies, culture and values
• First degree
• 2-5 yrs experience
• Strong technical underwriting knowledge.
only qualified candidates will be contacted