Civil Engineer (Expatriate)
- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a mining company with a long history specializing in manufacturing of construction materials is seeking to hire a Civil Engineer.
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos.
Job Responsibilities include:
• undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
• using a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs
• liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
• compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
• resolving design and development problems
• managing budgets and project resources
• scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
• making sure the project complies with legal requirements
• assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
• ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
• HND/BSc in Civil Engineering or other engineering related field
• 10-15 years’ experience working on projects and design
• Must have worked in Nigeria
• Must be resident in Nigeria
Key Skills include:
• sound mathematical and technical skills including physics
• ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
• ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate
Remuneration is very competitive.