- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a mining company with a long history specializing in manufacturing of construction materials is seeking to hire an Accountant who is a strategic thinker that will manage the accounting functions of the company.
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos.
1) Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2) Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
3) Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
4) Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
5) Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
6) Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
7) Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
8) Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
9) Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
10) Work as Internal Revenue Service agents.
11) Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
12) Support internal and external auditing function for businesses.
13) Advise management in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and long-range tax and estate plans.
14) Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
15) Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
16) Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure.
- University degree preferably with a higher degree in a financial discipline or a professional qualification.
- Experience in a construction company.
- 5 - 7 years of overall professional experience in a reputable organization.
- Technology savvy with experience in the use of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
•Added financial degree will be an advantage viz any of CFA, ACCA or other relevant qualifications
•Attention to Detail
•Proficiency in IT
•Data Entry Management
Remuneration is very competitive.