Jr Quality Engineer
- Department: Quality Assurance
Master Lock manufactures a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for your home, office, and industrial settings. Since 1921 Master Lock has been committed to providing high quality products that provide security and peace of mind for our customers. Master Lock and our sister brand SentrySafe are part of Fortune Brands Innovations (FBIN).
Why Work With Us
You will get the flexibility to balance your life, at every stage of life with Total Rewards that support your physical, emotional and financial wellbeing. We also support an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is encouraged and empowered to be their authentic selves, and where our differences and unique perspectives are a key strength.
Health, Safety, and Environmental
Fortune Brands Innovations is committed to providing a safe workplace and promoting the health and safety of its associates. Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each associate. Associates are responsible for participating in our Company's incident and injury prevention programs, as well as our Company's environmental programs. All associates must comply with our environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures and federal, state, and local regulations.
As Jr. Quality Engineer, you will be responsible to:
In this role you will have the opportunity to support internal business units to develop and lead supplier quality, continuous improvement, and new product initiatives as a part of a fast-paced global sourcing team ensuring that our supply chain is capable of meeting expectations from a quality, service and cost perspective.
Position location/hybrid/remote – This position is located onsite in Nogales, Mexico.
- Perform supplier assessments through: product and system audits, needs assessments, supplier visits
- Develop, document and enforce supplier quality programs: control and processing of nonconforming material, supplier metrics, corrective action, service levels; product safety and environmental stewardship and improvement goals
- Manage APQP and ISIR/PPAP process for supplied material
- Communicate and uphold quality expectations from suppliers
- Become a key partner on New Product Development team projects by providing insight to supplier capability, capacity, and lead time
- Key interface between suppliers and management
- On-site work at multiple project sites/suppliers
- Chemical, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering required
- Bachelor degree in business, purchasing, quality, or operations a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing quality or supplier quality role preferred
- Prior experience with wood, glass, plastic, steel, aluminum, or chemicals (polyurethane foam), finishing processes is a strong advantage
- Prior experience working with global supply base (Asia, S. America, N. America) a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with gauge r&r, control charting, capability studies and other quality tools desired
- Certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt desired
- Strong project management, teamwork, communication, analytical, strategic planning, and problem solving skills desired
At Fortune Brands Innovations, we support the overall health and wellness of our associates by offering comprehensive, competitive benefits that prioritize all aspects of wellbeing and provide flexibility for our teammates’ unique needs. This includes robust health plans, a market-leading 401(k) program with a company contribution, product discounts, flexible time off benefits (including half-day summer Fridays per policy), inclusive fertility / adoption benefits, and more. We offer numerous ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) to support inclusivity and our associates’ feeling of belonging at work.
Fortune Brands Innovation (FBIN) is built on industry-leading brands and innovation within our operating segments: Plumbing, Doors and Security. We have an impressive track record of strong financial results, market outperformance and growth, which translates into career and professional growth opportunities for associates. Please visit our website at fbin.com to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
FBIN is an equal opportunity employer. FBIN evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability/handicap status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
FBIN is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.