Technical Sales Representative
- Department: Sales
At Fortune Brands Innovations, we believe that our innovation and success are fueled by the passion of our people and the strength of our teams. Together, we work to fulfill dreams of home by aligning around common goals, being agile in the face of change, holding ourselves accountable, and acting with integrity and transparency. We succeed when everyone belongs and strive to build a Home for All where all associates can be their true, authentic selves at work. Learn more about our culture here.
As the Technical Sales Representative for our Connected Products area, you will create new sales opportunities and leads with commercial and retail businesses - focusing specifically on markets that need electronic access control utilizing IoT products.
This created role in the IoT (internet of things) area will focus on hunting and growing our customer base within your defined territory. Utilizing a combination of resources complemented with data insights, you will build a pipeline of potential opportunities, new customers, and be a positive representative of the Master Lock brand.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative, proactive, and able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment across the organization. You will have a track record of hunting, finding, and creating opportunities, demonstrate an interest in understanding how a system works, and have a strong desire to sell a solution to existing and new customers. You will have the opportunity to partner with our internal connected products teams to help close deals, as well as leverage the existing commercial and retail teams to fulfill orders through premier and standard distribution channels.
This role is remote based with preference to someone living in a larger metropolitan area in the West. We expect travel to be approximately 30-50%.
Preferred locations: Denver, CO, Las Vegas, NV or Phoenix, AZ.
The Salary Range for this position is $47,000 - $74,000 base with a commission based on sales.
What you will be doing:
- Is a self-starter and enjoys creating new customer relationships and solution-selling.
- Creative in approach to finding opportunities to pursue.
- Research accounts and identifies key players/decision makers.
- Authentic sales approach providing value to customer relationships.
- Relentless follow-up to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Updates opportunities on a weekly basis to help the rest of the team know what it will take to close the deal.
- Effective listener and able to help the customer understand system benefits, and also receive customer feedback to bring back to the team for evaluation.
- Consultative in nature and a willing teacher.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the potential sale moving forward.
- Does not give up in the short term, and works to build relationships for the long term.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent or demonstrated solution selling experience.
- Technical solution sales background desired.
- Relevant work experience in technical hunter sales / business development role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with corporate productivity (MS Word, Excel) and web presentation tools.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of technical sales and closing deals.
- Collaborative and works well with others in creative problem solving and solution selling.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
At Fortune Brands Innovations, we support the overall health and wellness of our associates by offering comprehensive, competitive benefits that prioritize all aspects of wellbeing and provide flexibility for our teammates’ unique needs. This includes robust health plans, a market-leading 401(k) program with a company contribution, product discounts, flexible time off benefits (including half-day summer Fridays per policy), inclusive fertility / adoption benefits, and more. We offer numerous ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) to support inclusivity and our associates’ feeling of belonging at work.
Fortune Brands Innovation (FBIN) is built on industry-leading brands and innovation within our operating segments: water, outdoors and security. We have an impressive track record of strong financial results, market outperformance and growth, which translates into career and professional growth opportunities for associates. Please visit our website at fbin.com to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
FBIN is an equal opportunity employer. FBIN evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability/handicap status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
FBIN is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.