Tool & Die Maker
- Department: Manufacturing
Master Lock Is Hiring Skilled Trade Professionals
The Tool and Die Maker is responsible for analyzing, disassembling, and completely rebuilding worn out or outdated equipment to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Plan, layout, and perform all bench and machine operations to construct, alter and repair intricately designed and constructed forming tooling to required tolerances
- Set-up and operate tool room machinery/equipment.
- Perform close and exact operations necessary to fit, assemble, adjust, align, and finish work to specifications.
Fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs and related items. Modifies dies to conform to engineering changes. Works closely with machinists, production and other departments as appropriate. Setups and Troubleshooting of machines. Maintains a safe work area and may train apprentices in the trade. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN TOOL AND DIE.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform bench and precision machining operations required to develop, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of complicated tools, dies, fixtures and gages.
· Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan for fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
· Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers.
· File and finish workpieces using the appropriate hand tools to ensure products are smooth and that they fit together properly.
· Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications.
· Adhere stringently to all safety guidelines by keeping work area clean and wearing protective clothing.
- Shift Premiums on 2nd and 3rd shift
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use required precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- Excellent visual accuracy
- Ability to work independently per defined schedules and tasks.
The Master Lock Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The Master Lock Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
- We offer excellent health benefits
- 10 paid Holidays
- Overtime pay after 8 hours each day
- Sunday double time pay
- Weekly paycheck
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.