- Department: Purchasing
Master Lock manufactures a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for your home, office, and industrial settings. Since 1921 Master Lock has been committed to providing high quality products that provide security and peace of mind for our customers. Master Lock and our sister brand SentrySafe are part of Fortune Brands Innovations (FBIN).
Why Work With Us
You will get the flexibility to balance your life, at every stage of life with Total Rewards that support your physical, emotional and financial wellbeing. We also support an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is encouraged and empowered to be their authentic selves, and where our differences and unique perspectives are a key strength.
Our Job Opportunity
We are currently seeking an MRO Buyer for our Manufacturing Site in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico. As MRO Buyer, you will join a team of highly skilled and committed colleagues working closely together and acting as sparring partners for each other. Utilize MRP to effectively communication schedules and purchase orders to suppliers, follow-up with suppliers daily, manage inventory levels to ensure consistent flow of materials, and provide daily updates to the production planning/master scheduling teams
- Process purchase requisitions in any of these Oracle, SAP, JDE systems. Etc.
- Be able to obtain and interpret quotes properly on products or services attached to procedures of choice of the current IT.
- Weekly project follow-up report.
- Negotiate with suppliers’ prices, delivery time and conditions of material or service required.
- Register purchase orders and grant maintenance to each one within the purchasing system.
- Provide timely follow-ups to each of the purchase orders placed to ensure notification of any situation that affects their arrival on time.
- Preventively and regularly review the receipts generated in the system against the lines of each order placed to ensure proper execution.
- Keep properly ordered the files and evidence of each purchase order with its respective supplier.
- Coordinate plant visits for suppliers to see samples, take necessary information in case of not receiving enough information from the requestor to quote
- Coordinate with customs and logistics departments the necessary procedures for the crossing of materials and equipment
- Follow up on the report (MATCHING HOLD REPORT) to timely release billings that are pending payment due to discrepancies related to price, quantities ordered and / received, both for Mexican and American orders
- Evaluate costs with already established suppliers every 3 or 6 months to be able to project savings or effects due to market volatility always looking for the best option for the business.
- Give support and compliance to the departments of accounts payable and receipts when required by audit attention processes.
- Develop projects or cost reduction plans according to annual objectives of the purchasing department.
- Evaluate every quarter the level of service of the main providers using the available Score card
- Register American suppliers, Mexican suppliers, European suppliers
- Make quick and efficient decisions based on min-max reports to maintain TOOLCRIB supplies, without falling into excess inventories or short critical components. In case of need of material are requested 2 times a week
- Ability to negotiate both prices, delivery time, guarantees for material and service required
- Daily Releases of raw material (ICY, Lopes plating, Perfection International).
- Generate weekly reports of open orders MRO for Department's Supervisor and Manager.
- Place orders for raw materials Outside processing Blanket Purchase Agreement
- Bachelor ́s degree in engineering / or equivalent
- 5 years' experience as indirect materials buyer with experience in negotiating with suppliers and familiarity with manufacturing operations.
- Familiar with forecasting tools
- APICS CPIM certification qualification or commitment to complete equivalent. (Preferable) •
- Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
- Experience in MRP, MPS, Min-Max tools.
- Experience in ERP systems
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Proficient in MS Office /Excel, able to develop spread sheets
- Possesses Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates a Collaborative Style
- Drives for Results
- Makes Decisions/Solves Problems
- Promotes and Champions Change
- Pursues Personal Development
- Possesses Interpersonal Savvy (Supplier/Customer Relationships)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As part of Fortune Brands Innovation (FBIN) Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/LARSON/Solar Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low.
FBIN is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates for positions with FBIN must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: FBIN does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.