- Department: Engineering
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to: Provide technical support and leadership to the operations. Responsibilities include upkeep and improvement of control systems for vital equipment in both the fiberglass molding plant and the door assembly plant. In this role, the control engineer will be required to lead projects from concept through completion. The control engineer will need to have good teamwork and communication skills to smoothly implement key projects.
- Provide leadership through technical expertise to maintenance associates.
- Assist plant associates with technical questions and potential solutions
Equipment Protection and Safety
- Make changes to equipment controls to improve reliability and safety
- Good understanding of OSHA safety requirements
- Review new equipment controls for safety effectiveness.
Equipment and facilities
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Lead process improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Create control specifications for new equipment.
- Aid in the installation and startup of new equipment.
- Standardize control equipment
- Setup and maintain necessary networks, software, tools for effective controls work
- Manage outside resources when necessary
- Strong programming skills, knowledge on software such as RSLogix, Studio 5000, FT View, and other controls software platforms
- Ability to integrate/modify motor controls, including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, servo drives, and standard electrical panel components
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, programming, and designing HMI and control network components
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480VAC 3-phase, 120VAC and 24VDC systems
- Ability to generate/modify electrical drawings for new projects and equipment changes
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays when needed
- Ability to troubleshoot, program, and integrate Fanuc Robot and CNC controls a plus
- Experience with SCADA system development, deployment, and modification a plus
- Preferably have BSEE or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Controls Experience
- Programming skills, predominately Allen Bradley PLC control systems
- Ability to integrate typical production I/O, drive systems, including all electrical panel components
- Ability to generate electrical drawings for new projects and equipment changes
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K, and a bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Culture committed to work-life balance with flexible work options
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/Larson) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.