Assembler - Larson - Part-Time - 2nd Shift
- Department: Production
The Assembler will assemble metal products, such as doors and windows, partially or completely. Cuts and punches wood and metal materials to be assembled later in the process. Cuts and processes various sizes and styles of soft plate glass. Working on shop floor by performing the following duties.
TYPICAL AREAS OF PERFORMANCE:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as determined by the company.
- Positions and assembles parts according to knowledge of product being assembled or by following established processes or procedures.
- Fastens parts together with clinching presses, screws, rivets, or other fasteners. Uses glue to laminate wood with other materials.
- Operates drill presses, sawing equipment, punch presses, laminating, riveting machines and other equipment to assist in assembly operation.
- Performs quality checks on products manufactured and at times, checks the work of others.
- Utilizes required safety equipment, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), deemed necessary in company facilities to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards.
- Perform job requirements and operate equipment within safety guidelines and reports any nonconformance.
- Trains other workers in the skills acquired in the performance of the job.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record and follows Larson security policies.
- Must abide by all Larson policies.
- Rotation required for most job assignments.
- Will be required to move to other work groups and hours of work as needed to meet staffing requirements and customer demands.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions from production standards, memos or other correspondence.
- Write simple instructions or correspondence as needed.
- Must be courteous and maintain a good working relationship with supervisors and co-workers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Reading and writing skills are essential. Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence, read numbers and letters facilitating order requirements.
- Ability to process specified instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Ability to measure, read, and understands a tape measure.
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K, and a bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Culture committed to work-life balance with flexible work options
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/Larson) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.