- Department: Other
Master Lock is one of the world’s leading security brands. It is also an entity within our greater Fortune Brands parent/public company which specializes in home and security products. Our Milwaukee facility manufacturers the high-volume metal components that make up the Master Lock padlocks.
· We are a strong global company within the S&P 500 Index, recognized by Fortune Magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company and owner of powerful/leading brands including Master Lock
· We have a work culture committed to work-life balance, associate appreciation/recognition programs and support for professional development and career growth
·We offer a bonus program, 401K match, generous paid time off, full insurance coverage, flexible spending account, wellness programs, scholarships, charitable gift matching, stock purchase program, and product discounts
This position, reporting directly to the Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, plans, directs and implements organization safety activities to promote the health and safety for all associates at the Milwaukee, WI manufacturing facility. Drives continuous improvement in workplace safety through program development and implementation, safety training and cultivating “safety culture” amongst all associates.
- Maintain safe and healthful working conditions and recommend measures to reduce or prevent industrial accidents and health hazards.
- Coordinate and conduct training activities.
- Work with the Health & Safety Manager to develop safety strategies and communicate to management and associates.
- Hands-on implementation of Corporate EHSS strategic initiatives.
- Plan, organize, direct, audit and control Master Lock safety activities.
- Investigate and respond to safety issues, conduct “Root Cause Analyses” and coordinate “Job Hazard Analyses.”
- Prepare and review reports as part of the process of monitoring and communicating safety performance results.
- Serve as key member and contact of the Emergency Response and Action team, developing and driving emergency response/business continuity initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal guidelines through development and implementation of written health and safety programs.
- Facilitate layered process auditing throughout the plant to improve safety performance at the site.
- Be a catalyst on the shop floor for safety performance.
- Communicate Safety policies and procedures through training, facility reporting and maintenance of EHS data management system.
- Facilitate the implementation of key ergonomic improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate and lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Facilitate and lead departmental Safety Meetings
- Assist with key metric development for near miss/injury reporting to the key stakeholders in the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety or related field strongly preferred
- 2 to 5 years safety related experience gained from internships or full-time experience
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Strong communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to make tough and timely decisions.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred
- Powered Industrial Truck training certification preferred
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Innovation products
- Culture committed to work life balance with flexible work options and generous PTO
As part of Fortune Brands Innovation (FBIN) Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/LARSON/Solar Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low.
FBIN is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates for positions with FBIN must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: FBIN does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.