Manufacturing Engineer - Tool Stamping
- Department: Manufacturing
Master Lock is one of the world’s leading security brands. It is also an entity within our greater Fortune Brands parent/public company which specializes in home and security products. Our Milwaukee facility manufacturers the high-volume metal components that make up the Master Lock padlocks.
· We are a strong global company within the S&P 500 Index, recognized by Fortune Magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company and owner of powerful/leading brands including Master Lock
· We have a work culture committed to work-life balance, associate appreciation/recognition programs and support for professional development and career growth
·We offer a bonus program, 401K match, generous paid time off, full insurance coverage, flexible spending account, wellness programs, scholarships, charitable gift matching, stock purchase program, and product discounts
As a member of the Focus Factory Manager’s leadership team, the Tool Stamping Manufacturing Engineer will:
- Develop and implement improvements to existing stamping process, tool and die assembly and inspection processes.
- Lead projects in the development and implementation of stamping process, tool and die assembly and inspection processes. This will include design, specification, directing and managing vendors, installation and qualification of systems and equipment
- Work closely with internal customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
- Develop and implement maintenance programs for associated stamping and tooling equipment in coordination with our maintenance partners
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing and quality documentation
- Develop systems and layouts that follow lean manufacturing philosophies with emphasis on mistake proofing.
- Manage tooling and gauge design and drawings
- Provide training and guidance to all employee levels in the operation and maintenance of new equipment
We are seeking a difference maker who will drive positive improvement within our work processes and team productivity. The successful candidate will assist us in raising the bar, having strong technical knowledge, identify and implement CI, and team leadership experience. He/she will be able to work cross-functionally among safety, quality, manufacturing engineering, supervisory, maintenance, scheduling, CI, purchasing, human resources and finance.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience as a Tooling Engineer / professional, preferably in a machining and metal fabrication manufacturing environment
- A.A.S. degree in Machine Tool Technology or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. In lieu of a degree, 5+ years as a Tool and Die Apprentice/Journeyman with tooling maintenance and repair will be considered
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and mechanical drawings
- Must have a working knowledge of all tool steel types and types of coatings for form and pierce punches
- Experience designing tooling for punch presses ranging from 60 ton to 150 ton
- Proficient in GD&T
- AutoCad/SolidWorks/CREO/ Microsoft office proficiency
- Able diagnose machine, tooling, and equipment malfunctions (strong mechanical aptitude)
- Strong analytical skills, planning, organizational, and Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in a positive and engaging manner in a union environment
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Innovation products
- Culture committed to work life balance with flexible work options and generous PTO
As part of Fortune Brands Innovation (FBIN) Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/LARSON/Solar Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low.
FBIN is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates for positions with FBIN must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: FBIN does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.