Sourcing Project Manager
- 6744 S Howell Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154, USA
- Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager, the Sourcing Project Manager will be responsible for executing strategic and tactical initiatives to lower the total cost of ownership for assigned spend categories while delivering sourcing solutions aligned to TMLC’s strategic initiatives. This individual will manage projects with cross-functional teams and the supply base to support new product development, continuous improvement, supplier relocations and business response programs toward delivering the required levels of quality, cost, delivery and service to optimize supplier performance. This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality.
- Expected to strive towards being knowledgeable of all aspects of our global business, product lines, and manufacturing operations
- Provide input and execution towards a 3-year strategic category plan by way of vendor consolidation, multi-sourcing, and technology enhancement.
- Monitor spend data and identify risks and opportunities across assigned product lines and supply base by identifying corrective action plans and increasing leverage power.
- Utilize and embed Next Generation Sourcing Tactics including Cost Modeling, Price Breakdown Analysis, Market Testing, and Fact-Based Supplier Negotiations with Supply Base to achieve optimal pricing
- Execute supplier transition projects to optimize supply base footprint and drive cost optimization
- Manage the supply base in terms of safety, cost, quality, delivery, technology, and environmental perspectives by supporting corporate citizenship initiatives and monitor, evaluate, and improve overall supplier performance through continuous improvement & lean principles
- Provide value-added input into project reviews, including engineering design reviews, specifically focusing on supplier capability, manufacturability, project scope, and target costs
- Manage the day to day needs of assigned product lines and suppliers developing in-depth knowledge of assigned commodities/product lines, new technologies, competition, and continuously identifying and qualifying new supply options while benchmarking best in class
- Strengthen communication and relationships with global team members and supply partners across the supply chain
- Develop new and maintain existing sourcing policies where applicable
- Performs make vs. buy total cost analysis for existing and new products and maintain accurate cost records for each calendar year
- Bachelor’s degree in in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a progressive strategic sourcing environment, ideally supporting multiple international manufacturing facilities
- Experience working in a cross-functional, international team environment
- Proven negotiation skills and utilization of fact-based negotiation tactics
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with a high attention to detail under time constraints
- Previous manufacturing experience and ability to read engineering prints necessary
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in MS Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
- Previous experience with Oracle and Agile PLM a plus
- Outstanding business and technical understanding of assigned commodities and products (stampings, die-castings, machining, metal forming, injection molding) preferred
- High volume retail product experience
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Culture committed to work-life balance with flexible work options
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.