Manufacturing Automation Engineer
- 2600 N 32nd St, Milwaukee, WI 53210, USA
- Department: Manufacturing
As a member of the Focus Factory Manager’s leadership team, the Manufacturing Automation Engineer will:
- Develop and implement improvements to existing automation in mechanical assembly and inspection processes.
- Develop and implement maintenance programs for equipment in coordination with our maintenance partners
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing and quality documentation
- Work closely with internal customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
- Develop systems and layouts that follow lean manufacturing philosophies with emphasis on mistake proofing.
- Manage tooling and gauge design and drawings
- Lead projects in the development and implementation of automation in mechanical assembly and inspection processes. This will include design, specification, directing and managing vendors, installation and qualification of automated systems and equipment
- Provide training and guidance to all employee levels in the operation and maintenance of new equipment
We are seeking a difference maker who will drive positive improvement within our work processes and team productivity. The successful candidate will assist us in raising the bar, having strong technical knowledge, identify and implement CI, and team leadership experience. He/she will be able to work cross-functionally among safety, quality, manufacturing engineering, supervisory, maintenance, scheduling, CI, purchasing, human resources and finance.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Manufacturing Automation Engineering with 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding and functional knowledge of PLC’s, low voltage controls, three phase power distribution, vision systems. Electronic sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics and robotics
- Lean manufacturing practices (Kanban, Poke-Yoke, JIT, Value Stream Mapping)
- Tool and fixture design and GD&T
- Project management skills
- AutoCad/SolidWorks/CREO/ Microsoft office proficiency
- Able diagnose machine, tooling, and equipment malfunctions (strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in a positive and engaging manner in a union environment
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
- Culture committed to work life balance with hybrid work schedules available
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Fiberon/Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resume
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.