Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
- 6744 S Howell Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154, USA
- Department: Supply Chain
ABOUT THE JOB
The Lead Supplier Quality Engineer is a key member of the Global Supply Chain team at Master Lock responsible for all aspects of supplier quality from assessments and audits to new product introduction and issue resolution. As the lead you'll help the team create strategy, documentation, and process.
- Develop and document supplier quality programs: control and processing of nonconforming material, supplier metrics, corrective action, service levels; product safety and environmental stewardship and improvement goals
- Maintain and enhance records to track suppliers: process capability, certification levels, critical part characteristics, and additional requirements not specified on a drawing
- Manage APQP and ISIR/PPAP process for supplied material
- Support New Product Development projects by providing supplier capability
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external suppliers, resolve issues and disputes
- Drive continuous improvement and safety activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or Operations
- 7 years' manufacturing quality or supplier quality experience
- Must be familiar with various manufacturing processes associated with purchase materials requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with gauge r&r, control charting, capability studies and other quality tools
- Detailed project management experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 50+%
- Must be technically competent with a keen understanding of engineering drawings (GD&T), manufacturing processes, and quality fundamentals and improvement tools.
- A thorough understanding of ISO9001:2015 or equivalent Quality System; Lead Auditor certification a strong plus
- Candidate must possess excellent people skills and be comfortable working with all levels of management.
- Supplier/customer interaction skills essential; effective verbal and written communication.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification highly desirable
- English/Spanish bilingual ability a strong plus
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition program
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Free chair massages monthly
- Work at a State of the Art technically advanced office building with outdoor walking trail
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.