- 520 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, IL, United States
- Department: Administrative
The Executive Assistant will provide full administrative, organizational and clerical support to multiple Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security executive leaders. The Outdoors & Security group includes Therma-Tru, Master Lock, Fiberon and Larson. This position requires an individual who can prepare and handle sensitive and confidential information with maximum discretion and diplomacy. This role requires the ability to be proactive in anticipating needs, independent judgment, and capability to manage multiple priorities in a highly developed customer service orientation.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties such as: securing transportation and hotel reservations, contacting other offices and persons to arrange meetings and secure information, developing and maintaining a current filing system, and processing a large volume of correspondence
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the President and CFO with FBHS, Board Members, customers, associates and others
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Schedule and accept meetings and conference calls on behalf of all supported executives; coordinate and accurately maintain their calendars, updating continually to ensure that all meetings and commitments are current with backup plans.
- Manage all aspects of travel arrangements to include: schedule and arrange domestic and international travel, including coordination with international team members as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and conferences, including off-site sessions related to strategic planning, product planning, sales meetings, trade shows, conferences, and other events that include facility and site selection, planning of events, meals, lodging, etc.
- Proactively anticipate executives needs and ensure they are well prepared to lead
- Accurately compile meeting materials and books for key meetings such as scorecards quarterly business reviews, strategic planning meetings, board meetings, etc.
- Create and process expense reports accurately and timely
- Work with corporate office to coordinate flights on corporate aircrafts. Coordinate within company for information on passengers
- Perform related duties as assigned
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related discipline
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in corporate setting, supporting multiple senior level executives
- Strong verbal and written communication and composition skills with ability to interact at all organizational levels
- Possess high level of independent decision making and professional judgement
- High level of emotional maturity and professionalism
- Forward looking thinker, who proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Capability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Expert level computer experience; Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to make good decisions, independently plan and carry out assignments with minimal guidance
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Fiberon/Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resume
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.