CFO Outdoors & Security
- -, Deerfield, ILLINOIS, United States
- Department: Finance
The Chief Financial Officer of Outdoors & Security will provide overall financial leadership to this $2+ billion revenue segment of Fortune Brands. This position will actively work with the President and senior management team to develop the Chief Financial Officer Outdoors & Security strategic vision for the segment, while providing financial advice and counsel to develop and deliver an operating plan which supports underlying profitability and financial objectives. This individual will be responsible for planning, forecasting, analysis, and guidance of financial results, as well as the full implementation of all policies, procedures, and internal controls.
The specific responsibilities of the position are as follows:
• Provide functional leadership to the finance team, while being a strategic thought partner to the President of the group.
• With the President, lead the development of strategic and operating plans, taking into account available opportunities, funding, CAPEX requirements, and cash needs.
• Manage the financial planning process, including preparation of the annual budget, monthly and quarterly forecasts, and performance dashboards.
• Play a hands-on role working with senior leadership in identifying and implementing actions to address variances to previously-established budgets, forecasts, plans and expectations for results.
• Develop a productive working relationship with the leadership team of the segment, as well as functional support teams, that facilitate collaboration and ensure achievement of business objectives.
• Track and report on key monthly and quarterly performance metrics that provide insight to operating results and deliverables.
• Lead the financial reporting process across the unit (monthly, quarterly, annually).
• Manage the financial integration of acquired businesses and coordinate with the leadership team to define and achieve overall integration of acquisitions.
• Present project plans, financial plans, actual results, and other analyses to the Outdoors & Security Management Committee and parent company leadership.
• Provide effective oversight and manage the development of financial talent throughout the segment.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in meaningful financial leadership roles.
• Extensive experience within a manufactured product company is required, ideally within an organization known for its financial strength.
• Experience working in a unionized setting and a multiple plant footprint, including maquiladoras, is a considerable plus.
• An undergraduate degree in finance or accounting is required; an M.B.A. is highly desirable. Strong leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to attract, build, mentor and direct a high-performing cohesive team.
• Knowledge of sophisticated financial planning and analysis tools, as well as GAAP and SOX standards.
• Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a decentralized organization and to enlist support and commitment from peers, particularly as it relates to integration activities required following acquisition transactions.
• Active creator of value, a collaborative team member, a proven talent developer, and a champion of continuous improvement and clear prioritization.
• He/She will play a critical role in supporting future acquisitions, joint ventures, supply agreements and distribution agreements, as well as the seamless integration of new companies while accelerating other synergistic growth opportunities and initiatives across the business.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong collaboration and influencing skills. Concise yet thorough presenter, who is able to effectively influence the organization to focus on and drive key performance metrics.
• Strong intellect, with the ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Able to synthesize financial impacts of complex selling arrangements and projects. • He/She should be a tremendous leader, with the demonstrated ability to work in a high-energy management setting and the potential to move into other senior finance roles in the future.
• Results-oriented. Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work product. Continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working in a hands-on manner.
• Change agent. Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them.
• Ability to perform well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail. Has the ability to assimilate to new teams and projects. • Highly ethical. Can be trusted to maintain the financial integrity of the corporation, employees and shareholders.
• Problem solver. Can solve complex problems; a quick study that adds insight and experience to determine the best solution.
• Collaborative. Ability to work closely with business units and cross-functional leadership teams to make effective business decisions that deliver impactful results.
• Flexible management style. Capable of problem-solving at the plant level one day and presenting to the Board of Directors the next day.
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Culture committed to work-life balance with flexible work options
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/Larson) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.