Corporate Accounting Senior Analyst
- 1 Masterbrand Cabinets Dr, Jasper, IN 47546, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Accounting/Auditing
As a Senior Analyst on our Corporate Accounting and Compliance team, you will support by assisting in monthly closing and compliance activities, process improvement, and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes Oxley controls relevant to public company requirements.
- You may have a public accounting background and want to move to a corporate role with less travel
- You may have a background in corporate audit and general accounting practices
- You will be analytical, proactive, and detail-oriented
- You will be able to handle multiple tasks and function in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel, typical travel <15%, could increase over time or as business dictates
- Prepare month-end and year-end schedules
- Assist with balance sheet analysis at the divisional level with a focus on identification of existing errors or potential areas of risk
- Perform analysis function of system access requests (Oracle, OFS, APP) ensuring duties are compatible and do not create segregation of duties conflicts
- Perform semi-annual review of segregation of duties, identifying conflicts, developing work streams to eliminate existing conflicts and performing reviews of mitigating controls, to ensure operating effectiveness
- Ensure that SOX documentation is up to date and identify gaps that exist between current process and desired control environment
- Responsible for review and testing of key SOX controls and partnering with process owners on remediation plans
- Coordinate and attend management pre-audit reviews, ensuring recommendations are resolved timely
- Coordinate and attend internal and external audits, ensuring recommendations are tracked and resolved timely and appropriately
- Work with process owners to maintain adequate and up to date policies and procedures
- Maintenance of balance sheet risk assessment and tracking completeness of reconciliations through Blackline software.
- Assist in monthly closing activities such as balance sheet reconciliations
- Support Compliance projects related to analyzing & standardizing processes among MBCI entities.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are applied consistently across MBCI entities.
- Assist in various other accounting projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field is necessary
- Position requires a solid working knowledge of accounting procedures, involving balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley controls relevant to public company requirements.
- Experience with standard costs and public audit cycle in a manufacturing environment would be a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skill set and financial software experience (i.e. HFM, BPC, and Oracle) is preferred.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.