Director, Data Science
- -, -, -, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Analyst
Our Director, Data Science reports to the Senior Director of Data Science and Advanced Analytics and is responsible for building and leading Data Science globally for Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group (GPG) to drive digital transformation. Responsibilities include supporting and driving the strategy to employ algorithms in our iOT Smart Home Products and across all business units. Collectively, these activities will create value by improving customer experience, increasing revenue, reducing costs and enable growth and scalability. This role can be remote in the mainland U.S.A.
- Lead Data Science, a pivotal role in the digital transformation of the organization, driving the design and delivery of a portfolio of algorithms for digital marketing, product, operations and across Moen.
- Lead and grow a team of high-caliber data scientists with superb credentials and proven industry expertise in marketing, product, and digital data science use cases.
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating with working teams.
- Own the full lifecycle of algorithm development from ideation and data exploration, algorithm design and testing, algorithm development and deployment, to algorithm monitoring and measuring the overall business value.
- Define the strategic vision and roadmap to address business problems such as media mix modeling, cross-channel spend optimization, multi touch attribution, net lift, causal inference, structural equation modeling, etc.
- Partner with the Product team to deliver Smart Home water products powered by algorithms to achieve the optimum customer experience. Be an advocate for the customer and help bring customer-centricity into data strategies.
- Partner with the Marketing team in building a strong culture of experimentation across the company. Enhance the team’s abilities to report on performance, focus on impact, and provide transparency about critical analytics workstreams.
- Be a role model and professional coach for data scientists. Help them realize their potential by setting clear expectations, openly evaluating performance, upholding accountability, and challenging them to stretch their skills.
- Constantly learn, have a clear pulse on innovation across the smart products, digital marketing, data science, customer data, and analytics communities.
- Scale the organization as business needs increase to drive incremental value.
- Advanced degree in Physics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Decision Sciences or a quantitative field of study. PhD in the previously mentioned fields is preferred
- Significant industry related data science or research experience is required (10 years’ experience – a combination of work and PHD education could suffice)
- 3+ years of professional experience managing teams of data scientists and data engineers delivering production solutions that drive product and/or business outcomes
- Team player who understands the collaborative nature of this work with the ability to influence at C-suite level in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Experience as a role model for data science teams and establishing a 'measure everything' culture within an organization
- Solid foundation in machine learning algorithms and applied statistics (neural networks, linear & logical regressions, decision trees, distributions, classification techniques, etc.) including practical implementations
- Experience working with business leaders to solve business problems leveraging Statistical inference and ML algorithms
- Experience managing teams of data scientists/engineers
- Proficiency in Python development and data science toolsets and libraries
Fortune Brands' Global Plumbing Group (GPG) is a multi-brand plumbing business that is inspiring people by designing beautiful experiences with water. GPG's trusted brands include Moen and the House of Rohl portfolio. We welcome you to visit the Moen.com and HouseofRohl.com websites to learn more about us and why we are a top workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Fortune Brands' GPG is an equal opportunity employer. GPG evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Fortune Brands' GPG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.