Product Manager - Mobile Applications
- 25300 Al Moen Drive, North Olmsted, Ohio
- Department: Marketing
Moen has a new opening for a Product Manager – Mobile Application based 3 days/week at our Global headquarters in North Olmsted, Ohio, or remote on the West Coast office near Santa Monica, California. This role will have product management responsibility for smart home software platforms and applications. The Product Manager will guide a team that is charged with developing a unified connected experience and will build solutions, features, and applications from existing ideas, as well as help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and user insights. This role will partner with internal and external stakeholders to create an ecosystem of software products that delivers on customer and user needs and will require a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Specify market requirements for current and future software features and platforms by conducting market research supported by on-going user research to support a multi-year product roadmap.
- Create user stories for software functionality enabling the engineering teams to implement the features and improvements that fulfill the acceptance criteria.
- Serve as Product Owner, prioritizing execution of product features, accepting or rejecting completed user stories as the engineering team completes work on each story.
- Drive efforts for continual improvements in the products, including bug fixes and enhancement.
- Serve as the internal and external advocate for your product offering, working with the commercial team and key customers as needed. Communicate effectively with all areas of the company.
- Support product success KPIs, metrics; work with data science to measure, monitor and analyze product success through dashboards and reporting.
- Support the product success strategy, including developing and executing product success plan to meet mobile application ratings, user experience and user engagement metrics.
- Partner with engineering and program management team to define product release requirements.
- Partner with product marketing and brand marketing teams to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Support the definition of product direction and strategy for our software platforms and applications.
- Represent product management in software product user testing for new product launches, new features and on-going feature improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Marketing related field; Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Data Science preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Product Management, Product Development roles with responsibilities over software and applications.
- Proven analytical skills and experience making decisions based on data and heuristics.
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment.
- Experience as a Product Manager overseeing consumer facing software and mobile application solutions.
- Experience in the Smart Home/Connected Home Industry is preferred.
- Experience in an environment with hardware products that are enabled with software is preferred.
- Experience with building voice user experience on voice assistant platforms such as Alexa, Google Assistant is preferred
- Ability to take complex problems and craft simple experiences.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to set a vision for a product and effectively communicate that vision to the organization.
- Ability to examine target markets and understand potential go-to-market and growth strategies within those markets. Ability to analyze market data and make data driven decisions based on the data.
- Ability to extract product/solution needs and requirements through dialogue with customers.
Fortune Brands' Global Plumbing Group (GPG) is a multi-brand plumbing business that is inspiring people by designing beautiful experiences with water. GPG's trusted brands include Moen and the House of Rohl portfolio. We welcome you to visit the Moen.com and HouseofRohl.com websites to learn more about us and why we are a top workplace.Equal Employment Opportunity
Fortune Brands' GPG is an equal opportunity employer. GPG evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Fortune Brands' GPG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information