- 651 Collier-Loftin Rd, Kinston, NC 28504, USA
- Department: Human Resources
Do you have a passion for training or teaching? Are you looking to join a team that is dedicated to their employees and new hire experience?
MasterBrand-Kinston is looking for a high-energy, dedicated New Hire Trainer to join our team! As the Trainer, you will be responsible for managing the daily, new employee onboarding and post-onboarding program. The selected Trainer will develop and conduct training programs for all new employees joining the Kinston, NC team. This will involve both classroom and on-the-job training.
Our New Hire Training consists of 3 main elements:
- Classroom instruction
- Hands-On Training
- On-the-job Training
These three elements and our onboarding are called “DOJO” and are based on a 5-day schedule during the new associates first week at MasterBrand.
- Coordinate training requirements with Production, HR, and Safety Departments
- Teach and train in new employees during their first week and manage any scheduling changes or adjustments
- Track and conduct post-onboarding touchpoints with associates
- Ensure new hires are being trained properly:
- Monitor data on new hire progress
- Manage day to day activities in fundamentals skills
- Ensure paperwork in the cell is updated, including training matrix, 5S audits, safety audits, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between new associates and their assigned work area/supervisor; ensure they are receiving proper training and communication during first week
- Develop effective Bilingual training programs to include machine operation, safety, and quality
- Coordinate training with department Supervisors and Managers
- Maintain training materials and handouts; improve and make edits when necessary
- Develop training materials to include booklets, hand-outs, computer-based presentations
- Monitor the training process to evaluate effectiveness; be dedicated to continuous improvement
- Cross train with HR and Safety functions
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees; including new hires and leadership team
- Communicate progress to departmental Supervisors, Managers, General Managers, and HR Manager
- Must be familiar with all areas/positions in the plant
- Any other duties may be assigned
- Software knowledge: Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), databases, etc.
- Must be able to work various schedules to ensure training reaches all shifts (modified, 2nd, or split shifts – example: 4:00 pm to 12:30 am)
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Prior experience training or teaching preferred
- Must be able to read, understand and create standard operating procedures
- Must understand and follow all safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to consistently work as scheduled and have excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and function in a team-oriented, fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Strong communication skills - listening, verbal, written, and presentation.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical reasoning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of individuals and discern when to escalate employee issues
- Some college preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is minimally required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.