- 1180 Springfield Road, Winnipeg, Canada
- Department: Engineering
This is a non-supervisory, individual contributor role. The Senior Engineer will require the ability to work with various stakeholders throughout the organization to collaborate and complete set goals and objectives. The role is responsible for design, research, testing, planning, organizing and executing projects to support manufacturing improvements and to meet company objectives. The scope of work will be diverse and will include process engineering and manufacturing engineering tasks. Problem solving and proposing innovative and thoughtful solutions will be required.
This position will apply a variety of manufacturing and engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to promote continuous improvement to meet or exceed customer expectations. The methodology will include applying lean manufacturing activities such as time observation, load coordination, value stream mapping and line balancing. The results of the work will require the preparation and presentation of summary and performance metrics reports.
This position reports directly to the Director of Technical Services or delegate.
- Works in accordance with well-established engineering principles, methodologies and best practices
- Ensures compliance with national, provincial and local codes and regulations
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide project leadership to meet project plans and related deadlines through others who do not have a direct reporting line relationship to this position.
- Support the evaluation of production problems and provide technical support on materials and commodities with Sourcing, Quality, Accounting, Marketing, and all departments as required.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Select and coordinate with outside vendors for specific project needs.
- Determine and assess need for additional resources if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Must adhere to all company and Health & Safety policies as indicated in the Associate Handbook and Standards of Business Conduct Handbook
- Support and promote the Four Basics: Delivering complete; delivering on time; product quality that meets/exceeds customer expectations; and providing fashionable products at competitive prices.
- Consistently demonstrate Six for Success: Be trustworthy, Commit to your team, Listen to understand, Serve your customer, Prepare and plan, and Deliver the result.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management’s discretion.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight timelines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- A strong aptitude for Continuous Improvement with the interest to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, process, and hazards within the workplace
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
- High achiever with a curiosity mindset, self-confidence, and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly, identify issues, and propose innovative solutions
- Ability to be self-starting and self-directing with limited supervision.
- Plans and aligns; plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Resilient; rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult circumstances.
- Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
- Decision Quality; makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Financial Acumen; understands key financial indicators and uses analysis to create strategic options.
- Optimizes work processes; creates efficient workflow and seeks ways to improve processes.
Education & Experience
- P.Eng Certification is considered an asset.
- University degree in Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years’ engineering experience within an industrial environment is required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with focus on Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience with project management software, including Microsoft Project or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of AUTOCAD is an asset.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.