Senior IoT Embedded Software Engineer
- 25300 Al Moen Drive, North Olmsted, Ohio
- Department: Engineering
Moen is changing how we interact with water, and we are looking for exceptional people to be a part of our new and innovative vision. Our IoT products allow consumers to interact with water in new and unique ways. At Moen, you will work on products with key features such as sensors, motors, and digital control which interfaces to Serverless Clouds, Mobile Devices, and Voice Assistants. We have an exciting roadmap of digital related products which is allowing our group to expand. Though a big company, we operate like a small startup. A flexible, hardworking, collaborative cultural has been the key to our success. Water designs our life. Can you design for water?
- Develop, support, and maintain platform IoT embedded software/firmware (C/C++) and architecture for new product development.
- Support and develop higher level software (Python, etc.), if necessary, to aid in the troubleshooting or development of embedded systems.
- Ensure your designs perform as intended, are reliable, and delight the end user.
- Support the development of manufacturing test programs for production line testing as well as for troubleshooting by manufacturing, engineering, and field service.
- Support best practices relative to coding standards, firmware release processes, software testing, functional validation, etc.
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team spanning multiple design disciplines (electrical, mechanical, software) and other departments (marketing, quality, reliability, manufacturing) to negotiate performance, cost, and other requirements.
- Oversee the appropriate use of object-oriented design and proficiency developing with embedded real time operating systems.
- Support software development within engineering including advanced innovation projects and new product development activities.
- Work proactively to identify opportunities to maximize consumer value through superiorly implemented product features and new ideas.
- Continuously improve the processes, skills, team environment and tools necessary to bring product to the market.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering required. Additional years of related experience may offset the degree requirement.
- Minimum 5 years of experience required.
- Experience troubleshooting software problems that span engineering disciplines and geographic locations is preferred but is not required.
- Exposure to programming languages, software development tools, and debuggers with a readiness to learn new tools as needed including advanced RTOS, Cloud Platforms, and Communication Protocols.
- Understanding or skill desired in some of the following areas: circuit interfaces (e.g. stepper motors, sensors, transducers), electrical communication standards (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C), wireless standards (e.g. Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee), power management (e.g. sleep modes, efficient programming), microcontrollers (e.g. peripherals, bootloaders, reprogramming), or user interface design principals.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team spanning multiple design disciplines (electrical, mechanical, software) and other departments (marketing, quality, reliability, and manufacturing). Motivated and comfortable working on an agile development team and innovating new products.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels within an organization.
Fortune Brands' Global Plumbing Group (GPG) is a multi-brand plumbing business that is inspiring people by designing beautiful experiences with water. GPG's trusted brands include Moen and the House of Rohl portfolio. We welcome you to visit the Moen.com and HouseofRohl.com websites to learn more about us and why we are a top workplace.Equal Employment Opportunity
Fortune Brands' GPG is an equal opportunity employer. GPG evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Fortune Brands' GPG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information