- 651 Collier Loftin Road, Kinston, North Carolina
- Department: Engineering
The Quality Engineer works within the MasterBrand Quality System, using analysis and statistical techniques, to assist in the continual improvement of the manufacturing processes. This individual will also assist in solving problems, controlling variables, and providing candid & accurate feedback that are critical to quality.
- Actively participates in the Layered Process Audit to resolve those problems
- Interacts with Supervisors, Team Leaders and Engineering in the identification and resolution of product quality problems
- Interacts with internal and external customers to resolve quality problems
- Participate in the Customer Complaint Analysis
- Visit customers at job sites as required
- Periodically review specifications and Standard Operating Sheets (SOS) etc. for accuracy and revisions
- Support Kinston Operation employees as needed to interpret specifications and solve problems
- Support the Quality System by performing tasks to ensure compliance and initiate continuous improvement of the system
- Provide accurate information and feedback to all Business Units and Kinston Ops Leadership Team
- Provide training/coaching on quality related issues to Kinston production associates and management
- Lead and/or participate in Kaizen improvement events
- Generate, modify, complete Standard Operating Sheets (SOS)
- Report out on projects using the A3 project management process / format
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to apply and interpret statistical data
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Six Sigma training and experience preferred, specifically experience in PFMEA
- Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to actively initiate, lead and participate in problem solving activities
- Must be able to give candid feedback and report findings of non-compliance to the Kinston Quality System
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Must have the ability to deliver a formal project status presentation to MBCI Leadership
BS degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Reports to Quality Manager
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.