- 1491 Meridian Road, Jasper, INDIANA
- Department: Engineering
This is a non-supervisory role that is responsible for creating and coordinating the implementation of new or improved manufacturing processes. Responsible for various engineering assignments ranging from feasibility studies to the introduction of designs and drawings to Manufacturing. This individual will be a key member of leadership driving MPS process improvements, driving improvements through project management and team leadership.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Manufacturing Manager.
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
- Determine from part drawings and related engineering data the operation necessary for the fabrication and assembly of product.
- Introduce designs, drawings, and specifications to Manufacturing for component fabrication.
- Analyze existing operating methods and initiate and develop new method to improve economy and quality.
- Coordinates prototype drawings for products or processes with necessary support personnel.
- Act as an advocate for process associates by actively listening to concerns regarding processes and equipment, then working with management to make appropriate improvements.
- Support manufacturing on daily production needs from troubleshooting equipment to program generation as needed.
- Support manufacturing on layout changes and equipment moves for existing or new equipment introductions.
- Support and develop the TPM process in production.
- Support production on equipment needs and justifications for new equipment and processes.
- Support Lean by using the lean tools to troubleshoot and support production.
- Travel as business needs require, which is currently expected to be minimal.
- Consistently demonstrate the Six for Success: be trustworthy, commit to your team, listen to understand, serve your customer, deliver the result, and prepare and plan.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management’s discretion.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight timelines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be self-starting and self-directing with limited supervision.
- Strong communication skills – listening, verbal, written and presentation.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD and/or Inventor fluently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); CNC programming experience preferred
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 5 years of related experience in an engineering support department with emphasis on lean practices is preferred.
- Experience with lean and ability to utilize and implement lean practices.
- Effective working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience developing justifications for new equipment.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.