Vice President, General Accounting
- Masterbrand Cabinets Dr, Jasper, IN, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Accounting/Auditing
As the VP, General Accounting, you will report to the EVP & CFO of MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. (MBCI) in strong partnership with counterparts at MBCI’s parent company, Fortune Brands Home & Security (NSYE: FBHS). This position directs and controls the accounting operations of MBCI to yield timely, accurate and meaningful information to aid management decisions in an efficient and sustainable manner. This position also directs the control framework to safeguard assets, identify & mitigate risks, ensure statutory compliance and report information to be released in internal and public filings. This position requires leadership and influence of multiple, remote teams and effective communication with a wide audience crossing all functions of the organization, including executive management.
Key areas of responsibility include accounting policy & procedure, general ledger management, Sarbanes Oxley Compliance, internal & external audit management, accounts payable, credit/collections, tax, financial regulatory compliance, treasury, investment assessments, master data and internal & external reporting among various other responsibilities and assignments.
- Establishes clear guidelines and provides guidance to the organization on information flow, financial transactions, accounting policy and various reports/schedules
- Responsible for accounting maintenance and administration activities such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, collections, billing, invoicing, master data management, statutory filings, etc
- Leads multiple teams through regular and ad hoc processes & requests including: the monthly close, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis, strategic analysis, investment analysis, integrations, system changes & upgrades, etc.
- Ensures effective & efficient systems and controls are in place within the operations to ensure a sound control environment and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Identifies and implements new technology, systems, and process improvement opportunities that enhance MBCI’s finance performance, ability to scale and quality of information
- Champions special projects related to operations, finance & accounting efficiency improvement goals
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled & engaged staff through career development & mentoring
- Consistently demonstrates our MasterBrand Way, positioning the company for growth and helping identify opportunities to reduce waste, complexity, and improve our work environment
Characteristics & Attributes
- Understanding of and experience with the interpretation and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Progressive financial experience leading & driving diverse teams at multiple locations within a manufacturing organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop an efficient and engaged finance team and to manage multiple priorities and team members in an efficient & effective manner
- Strong organizational and execution skills to drive successful completion of strategic plans; strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Effective communication (written and verbal); clearly, concisely and with context communicate objectives and expectations within the organization
- Ability to critically assess and simplify processes and controls, and challenge business drivers and risks. Influences others outside of own area of responsibility regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required
- MBA and/or Accounting Masters degree preferred; CPA (or Chartered Accountant equivalent) and/or CMA preferred
- 10+ years of accounting & finance management in a multi-site, manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of IFRS/GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Public accountant experience a plus; Lean experience a plus
- Strong analytical, leadership and communication skills
- Periodic travel required
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.