Independent In-Home Design Consultant
- -, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design
H&S Sales, representative agency for Masterbrand Cabinets, has an immediate opening for an In-Home Design Consultant in Chicago, IL. This position will provide kitchen design consultation services in support of Thomasville Cabinetry in The Home Depot. Consultant will meet with customers in their home to consult on their project wants and needs and then coordinate with The Home Depot Specialist to provide appealing kitchen design that meets customer’s expectations.
- Consult with customers to determine design concept, budget, style and finish for Kitchen design.
- Provide detailed site analysis report, which includes measurements, and identifying potential obstacles, which will be sent to the Design Specialist.
- Communicate and coordinate with designer to produce kitchen design which meets the wants, needs and budget of the customer.
- Assist with purchase and closing of the sale.
- Job requires the ability to communicate well and provide an unmatched level of service.
- Build relationships and generate sales growth in designated stores.
- Conduct 2 to 3 In-Home consultations each day.
- Prepare consultation and measure reports to designers
- Typical work week is Monday thru Friday with an occasional Saturday. Job will require 50 hrs per week.
- Candidate will work from their home office and travel daily. No overnights are required.
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized.
- Outgoing driven personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- 5 years minimum and preferably over 10 years of experience as a Kitchen Designer.
- Preferable experience within the Home Center environment selling cabinetry.
- Must have retail cabinet sales experience.
- Must be proficient using 2020 Design Software.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office suite – Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience selling Thomasville, Diamond, Schrock or Kemper Cabinets is desirable.
We provide a strong base salary, with opportunity for annual bonus based on performance. We have a complete benefit program, including employee health and dental insurance, car allowance, 401k plan and we reimburse 100% of all business expenses.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.