Independent In-Home Design Consultant
- -, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Department: Design
Advantage Solutions, representative agency for Masterbrand Cabinets, has an immediate opening for an In-Home Design Consultant in the Bay Area. This position will provide kitchen design consultation services in support of Thomasville Cabinetry in The Home Depot. Consultant will meet with customers in their home to consult on their project wants and needs and then coordinate with The Home Depot Specialist to provide appealing kitchen design that meets customer’s expectations.
Leads for in-home consultations will be primarily in the Northern Bay Area and surrounding locations
- Consult with customers to determine design concept, budget, style and finish for kitchen design.
- Provide detailed site analysis report, which includes measurements, and identifying potential obstacles, which will be sent to the in-store designer.
- Communicate and coordinate with designer to produce kitchen design which meets the wants, needs and budget of the customer.
- Assist with purchase and closing of the sale
- Job requires the ability to communicate well and provide an unmatched level of service
- Partner with local store sale representative to cohesively grow program adaptation
- Build relationships and generate sales growth in designated stores
- Conduct 2-3 consultations each day – appointments are by appointment Monday-Saturday and scheduled by the consultant
- Prepare consultation and measure reports to designers
- Candidate will work from their home office and travel to appointments daily
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of sales experience
- 5+ years of design experience
- Works well independently and in a collaborative setting
- Strong organizational skills and is highly self-motivated
- Strong consultative sales style
- Strong organization skills and the ability to complete work thoroughly within a given appointment time
- Strong note taking and follow up skills to provide detailed notes to the designer to create a plan with product recommendations
- Outgoing driven personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience within the Home Center or dealer environment selling cabinetry
- 2020 Design Software Expertise
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using iPad/iPhone
- The ability to read tape measure or use laser measuring device and measure space for design/construction (walls, obstacles, plumbing, etc.)
- Knowledge of all working area of a kitchen or bath project
- Experience with modular cabinet design
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.