Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager
- 600 E 48th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA
- Department: Human Resources
Lead and engage in all aspects of occupational safety, health, and environmental systems for the Sioux Falls, SD facility. Duties include, but are not limited to: coordination of the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) training plan to meet regulatory and internal program requirements; maintain documents and records in cooperation with other facility resources including operations and human resources; purchase all safety supplies and equipment; manage all EHS programs, conduct or guide injury/incident investigations, track all incidents (injuries, first aids, near hits), review and make recommendations for EHS improvements, coordinate EHS inspections, and facilitate new-hire safety orientation.
- Provide strategic leadership for EHS program development to achieve cultural permanence, site-specific performance objectives and program implementation goals.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current applicable federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
- Coordinate and conduct the injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Lead and manage the implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote “Zero Injury Culture” initiatives.
- Track and report operational safety performance.
- Support the environmental functions of the business
- Maintain reporting requirements for the environmental calendar.
- Conduct training for applicable environmental regulation issues as needed.
- Track and report environmental metrics as needed
- Maintain and update the Facility Environmental Plan
- Identify and track all wastes and by-products generated and seek out recycling/reuse options
- Train and support compliance with hazmat transportation requirements for wastes and products
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of the site organization.
- Provide leadership and facilitation and drive for a sustained plant safety committee.
- Function as emergency coordinator. Develop and drive emergency response and business continuity initiatives.
- Lead the operation to best practices and best-in-class EHS results (including program development).
- Assist the organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory industrial hygiene requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Proficient collaborator; easily partners with, and gets things done with and through others.
- Flexibility to support off shifts as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Excellent people skills and professional demeanor. Ability to teach and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- General occupational safety, risk management, and environmental experience desired.
- Good oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Must have analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities.
Education & Experience
- BS in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene; advanced degree and/or professional certification(s) preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in safety, environment and health field in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong track record for transformative results through programs, training and culture shaping.
- Demonstrated success in EHS leadership, and passionate commitment to the safety of others.
- Demonstrated program development, implementation and training success.
- Certified in CPR, AED and First Aid.
Position reports to Corporate EHS
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.