- Midway Rd, Georgia 30233, USA
- Department: Production
Provide support for various aspects of industrial safety systems compliance for the Distributive Assembly/Stock operations. Duties include but are not limited to; coordinating training to meet state and federal requirements, maintaining records, documenting safety analyses of new equipment and process changes, assist with workers’ compensation claims, track injuries, review and make recommendations for safety improvements, coordinate safety and ergonomic inspections and support the new hire safety orientation training program. Regular shift hours may fluctuate to cover night shift operations as required.
Reports to Manager-Environmental, Health & Safety
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal, state, and company regulations and policies. Inform organization of changes and administer actions to maintain compliance.
- Perform job hazard analysis, system and compliance auditing and inspection, Layered Process Audits, ergonomic task analysis, and implement associated corrective actions.
- Participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action identification and implementation, and incident closure.
- Assist with the implementation of injury reduction efforts that promotes and drive “Zero Injury Culture” initiatives.
- Participate in Kaizen events, special taskforce assignments, special projects that drive safety initiatives and provide feedback when issues are discovered that needs to be addressed.
- Assist in the annual preparation, review with site leadership and implementation of the Facility Safety and Environmental Plan.
- Support the tracking, reporting, and interpretation of operational safety performance through use of the EHS Application International Corporation (AIC) Information Management System.
- Support new equipment analysis and verify operator safety.
- Maintain machine-specific EHS documentation (Lockout procedures, Machine Guarding, Standard Operating Sheet (SOS), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), etc.).
- Champion safety by monitoring and observing associates working on the production/ shop floor and identifying hazards and effectively communicating those hazards to the associates.
- Support all safety training programs and prepare technical reports.
- Provide support for the plant hourly safety committees and other safety teams.
- Collect information from each department safety Hands-on Corrective Action log (HOCA).
- Maintain recordkeeping systems (chemical inventories, a shipment of hazardous waste) and related operation and inspection logs.
- Assist with the contractor approval process and coordinate work of outside contractors.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Dedicated and committed safety promotion and presence.
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude, teamwork and cooperation.
- Solid people skills with a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to implement policies, procedures, and practices desired.
- Functional and applicable knowledge of state and federal OSHA regulations.
- Certified in CPR and first aid.
- General Safety and Risk Management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to support safety policies and practices implementation.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving capabilities.
- Balanced approach to technical, business, and people aspects of business.
- OSHA 511 or equivalent.
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Safety
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.