Manager, Environmental, Health, & Safety
- 6403 New Cut Road, Fairdale, Kentucky
- Department: Human Resources
Lead and engage in all aspects of industrial safety, health, and environmental systems for the Louisville, KY Distributive Assembly facility. Duties include, but are not limited to: coordination of the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) training plan to meet regulatory and internal program requirements; maintain documents and records in cooperation with other facility resources including operations and human resources; purchase all safety supplies and equipment; manage all EHS programs, conduct or guide injury/incident investigations, track all incidents (injuries, first aids, near hits), review and make recommendations for EHS improvements, coordinate EHS inspections, and facilitate new-hire safety orientation.
- Provide strategic leadership for EHS program development to achieve cultural permanence, site-specific performance objectives, and program implementation goals.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current applicable federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
- Coordinate and conduct the injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Lead and manage the implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote “Zero Injury Culture” initiatives.
- Track and report operational safety performance.
- Support the environmental functions of the business as warranted/assigned.
- Maintain reporting requirements for the environmental calendar.
- Conduct training for applicable environmental regulation issues as needed.
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of the operation.
- Provide leadership and facilitation and drive for a sustained plant safety committee.
- Function as emergency coordinator. Develop and drive emergency response and business continuity initiatives.
- Lead the operation to best practices and best-in-class EHS results (including program development).
- Assist the organization by participating in special task force assignments and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory industrial hygiene requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Proficient Collaborator; easily partners with, and gets things done with and through others.
- Flexibility to support off shifts as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Excellent people skills and professional demeanor. Ability to teach and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- General industrial safety, risk management, and environmental experience desired.
- Good oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Must have analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities.
Education & Experience
- BS in Industrial Safety or Hygiene; advanced degree and/or professional certification(s) preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in the safety, environment, and health field in a manufacturing setting, with at least three years in a leadership role.
- Strong track record for transformative results through programs, training, and culture shaping.
- Demonstrated success in EHS leadership, and passionate commitment to the safety of others.
- Demonstrated program development, implementation, and training success.
- Certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid.
Position reports to the Director, EH&S
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.