Sr Analyst, Business Transformation (Manufacturing)
- One MasterBrand Cabinets Drive, Jasper, INDIANA
- Department: Information Technology
Senior-level IT business analyst is responsible for partnering with manufacturing operations to deliver effective and innovative technology solutions to improve operational efficiency and to elevate MasterBrand’s capabilities in the manufacturing technology space. A successful candidate will show knowledge and experience related to shop floor associate communication, manufacturing execution processes, systems integration, and data collection. Additional duties will include acting as a liaison between operations and IT, requirements gathering, and maintaining best practices for solution delivery.
This position will report to the IT Manager, Business Transformation.
- Design and deliver solutions using ThingWorx manufacturing application platforms
- Design solutions that integrate with manufacturing control hardware such as PLC, sensor hardware, and PACs
- Extracting data from and pushing information into existing relational database systems
- Supports the execution of IT manufacturing projects to advance the company’s capabilities in manufacturing execution, operational control, data collection, and reporting.
- Maintains knowledge of and brings forward opportunities to exploit emerging manufacturing and operational technologies, including, but not limited to, SCADA, IoT, and robotics.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the software applications that make up the MasterBrand Smart Manufacturing toolset and use that toolset to solve manufacturing problems.
- Supports the continuous improvement of the Smart Manufacturing toolset in support of business goals including plant floor applications and machine controls.
- Provide production support for the software applications that make up the Smart Manufacturing toolset, as well as some limited support for vendor-provided applications.
- Collects, analyzes, and documents business needs and translates that into system requirements
- Daily communication with manufacturing shop floor associates and supervisors to solve business problems and determine root causes related to manufacturing information technology systems.
- Regular physical presence at MasterBrand manufacturing locations to see and understand the processes and needs firsthand
- Work with manufacturing software vendors on opportunities and issues.
- Participates in testing activities to ensure that the solution meets the business requirements and that new functionality and enhancements do not adversely affect existing functionality and manufacturing processes.
- Continuously challenge past practices by actively exploring and implementing new solutions and methodologies to improve the quality and time to market of our product and services to the company.
- Train end users to operate new or modified software applications.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives result; consistently achieve results, even under challenging circumstances
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Optimizes work processes; knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Plans and aligns; plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Being Resilient; rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Computer Science, or in other “STEM” Majors
- 4 – 6 years of experience working with manufacturing information systems, manufacturing automation, and process control systems.
- Experience with the ThingWorx IoT Platform preferred.
- Familiarity with manufacturing technology, such as SCADA, PLC’s, and industrial communication protocols (OPC, Modbus, etc.).
- Previous experience integrating with ERP and MES technologies a plus
- Lean certification or Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Exposure to emerging technologies (e.g., IoT, IIoT, Cloud, etc.) and the application of these in the Manufacturing and Controls areas a plus
- Detailed understanding of troubleshooting methodology and experience in supporting manufacturing systems for shop floor activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new software/applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and effectively influence in a cross-functional organization without direct positional authority.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.