- 118 Lexington Pkwy, Lexington, NC 27295, USA
- Department: Engineering
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for process improvements and process engineering activities at MasterBrand Lexington (Standard Operating Sheets, Production Work Instructions, Poka-yokes, Layout Changes, Process Trainings, Line Balancing, Machine Reliability Studies, and Capital Project Execution). This position involves working in a team environment with safety, maintenance, plant production supervision, and corporate engineering support departments. This position will focus on implementing projects that directly impact machine uptime, equipment reliability, product quality, and labor utilization specific to DLV (Decorative Laminate Veneer) production.
- Support manufacturing on layout changes and equipment moves for existing or new equipment introductions.
- Review past history of equipment downtime and analyze the likelihood of repeated failures.
- Prioritize the likely failures.
- Analyze the failures. (5 why’s)
- Review, update, and develop PM’s
- Investigate and create/design the best possible countermeasures and/or early warning indicators to prevent failures.
- Support manufacturing on daily production needs from troubleshooting equipment to program generation as needed.
- Perform pFEMA’s
- Implement countermeasures and monitor results.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting equipment during breakdowns (downtime).
- Assist operators and maintenance in machine design, programming, and function issues.
- Perform data backups on all PLC, PC, and controllers on critical equipment.
- Store and library all equipment software.
- Assist in confirming machine repeatability.
- Analyze spare parts needed for the equipment.
- Assist managers in resolving non-downtime (nuisance) issues.
- Analyze and improve equipment lubrication program.
- Analyzes develops and recommends design approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
- Determine from part drawings and related engineering data the operation necessary for the fabrication and assembly of product.
- Support production equipment production needs and justifications for new equipment and processes.
- Support Lean by using the lean tools to troubleshoot and support production.
- Travel as business needs require which is currently expected to be minimal.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management’s discretion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight timelines in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be self-starting and self-directing with limited supervision.
- Strong communication skills – listening verbal written and presentation.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD and/or Inventor fluently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel Word PowerPoint Outlook); CNC programming experience
- 5 years of related experience in an engineering support department with emphasis on lean practices is preferred.
- Knowledge of edgebanding process quality, edgebander setup, and double end machining wood processing operations is preferred.
- Experience with lean and ability to utilize and implement lean practices.
- Effective working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience developing justifications for new equipment
- BS degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering, MET, Wood Technology or equivalent is required.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.