Facility Attendant - Part Time
- 3713 Kensington Ave, Burnaby, BC V5B OA7, Canada
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance for life. Located in Burnaby, BC - Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a performance and fitness training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com
What the position is about:
Are you energetic, friendly, professional and motivated? Then we are eager to have you join our team of Facility Attendants.
As an important member of our Operations team you will support the overall building operations of Fortius by providing a safe environment for facility visitors, participants and the general public. You will play a key role in preparing meeting rooms and facility amenities (i.e. soccer pitch, gymnasium) for events, programs or other activities happening in and around our building.
Fortius is open seven (7) days a week, so you must be available to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
What you’ll be doing:
Facility Operations Support
- Assisting staff with overall building operations and providing a safe environment for facility visitors, participants and the general public
- Opening and closing facility amenities (gymnasium, soccer pitch, etc.) as schedule requires
- Ensuring public compliance with established Fortius Sport & Health policies
- Performing facility attendant duties including: set up and take down of equipment (basketball hoops, score clocks, nets, etc.), minor equipment maintenance (inflating balls, repairing nets, etc.), hydrotherapy pool testing, updating displays and signage, maintaining storage room inventory and cleanliness, monitoring and controling patron access to the facility, light janitorial and maintenance activities as required by operational needs in between permits and programs
- Acting as a member of the on-site emergency response team
- Completing shift summaries in the facility logbook ensuring that critical information is recorded and shared with co-workers
- Assisting client services team as needed during breaks
- Adhering to all safety guidelines in accordance with WorkSafe BC
- Taking appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Fortius Policies and Procedures, including filing incident report forms as required
- Monitoring indoor and outdoor spaces and facility access points - open gym, special events, mini pitch, soccer pitch, etc.
- Attending and taking part in operational meetings and training sessions
Rental / Event Support
- Reviewing daily schedule(s) and ensuring the required set-up/re-set is in place (tables, chairs, audio-visual) and operational for facility renters and participants and monitors use
- Performing administrative tasks to support events and programs
- Performing clerical work including word processing (daily reports, program and event information), data entry, preparation of statistical reports, maintenance of lost and found records, etc.
- Locking doors and turning off lights after scheduled events
- Providing general information and related customer services assistance for in-person inquiries regarding the hours of operation, upcoming events, facility rentals, lost and found items and general inquiries regarding facility services and programs
- Responding to facility rental client issues and problems promptly with a solution oriented attitude
- Providing excellent customer service to all clients using Fortius facilities
- At least one year experience in customer service and/or event planning, preferred
- Completed Grade 12
- Available to complete shift work including nights and weekends
- Valid Standard First Aid and AED certification
- WHMIS and MSDS training are an asset
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check
- Customer service training and familiarity with a variety of computer software programs would be an asset
- Ability to deliver an exceptional client service experience
- Remain professionalism at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced and dynamic environment
Some of the Perks:
- Discounted training centre membership and team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Free parking and a central convenient location
- May be eligible for benefits
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.