BIM Scanning Coordinator / Surveyor
- 15 Sunview Way, Singapore
Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore subsidiary of Fortis Construction, Inc., an employee-owned general contractor committed to making an impact—through the built environments we deliver and the relationships we build in the process. The firm adds value to each construction project with specialized services including accurate estimating, value analyses, constructability review, construction management, sustainability expertise and integrated commissioning. Dedicated to the markets of commercial offices, data centers, healthcare and higher education, we have the resources to provide the highest level of quality for projects ranging from tenant improvements of less than $100,000 to high-tech facilities of more than $1 billion.
We are seeking an individual with experience of Reality Capture for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore operations. The candidate will be responsible for scanning throughout the six-year design and construction phase of the largest multistory data center in Asia (The Project).
Reporting to the Senior Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Manager, the candidate will be accountable for scanning and scan processing, coordinating, and collaborating with Fortis VDC team and subcontractors. Knowledge and implementation of reality capture software technologies is required. This role is focused primarily on laser scanning and photogrammetry on a large complex program with stringent standards and integrated QA/QC requirements. As the team is built, and the project gets underway, the long-term vision/preference is to expand this team and potentially support Fortis US projects for the same client and ultimately have a Southeast Asia-based VDC department.
The candidate will work within the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. VDC team in Singapore and is expected to be a very detail-oriented individual with prior experience working in the role of a Scanning Coordinator. The candidate must have excellent Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
- Adhere to Fortis and the client’s corporate standards for Reality Capture and scanning requirements and workflows across Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd.’s practice as well as coordinate with Fortis site-based teams.
- Adhere to collaborative project workflow process with project partners across all teams, subcontractor and within the Fortis teams.
- Implement and coordinate technology applications and reality capture solutions with the Fortis Singapore Building Information Modeling (BIM) team and subcontractor BIM teams.
- Adhere to the Reality Capture standards and guidelines created by the Fortis VDC Team and Client requirements and ensure compliance from the scanning and reality capture team.
- Laser scanning process on site. Establish and set the control points in different locations on site for the scanning team to follow while working with the Senior VDC manager.
- Stitch all the laser scanning data and coordinate with the BIM team for incorporation into the BIM models.
- Participate and oversee the drone flights regularly.
- Generate the photogrammetric mesh and models based on data capture from drone flights.
- Oversee the process of 360 photograph capture for all the project internal rooms, as defined by the Senior VDC manager.
- Manage the distribution of the reality capture data among all Fortis site team, BIM team, and subcontractors.
- 2+ years ESRI ArcGIS software experience using a geodetic control system, projection/coordinate conversion for mapping applications, geodatabase customization experience, layer and shapefile analysis project experience with multiple data-set layering
- 2+ years experience with point clouds generation and integration into BIM models
- Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Certified Remote Pilot license a plus or need to go for license within 6 months
- Prior experience with Photogrammetry mesh generation a plus
- 2+ years experience capturing 3D data on buildings using Leica scanners
- 2+ years experience processing 3D point cloud data using Cyclone
- Presentation / Visualization / Rendering experience a plus
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus
- An absolute team player
Our culture is the magic that unifies us. Experience the joy of shared success. Curiosity is a prerequisite. Good isn't good enough. Great is the new normal. Enjoy the richness of friendships. Appreciate what surrounds you. Challenge. Be intentional. Teach someone something every day. Have fun building stuff. Grow. Listen. Check your ego at the door. Be humble. Building lasting impressions. We are different and we make an IMPACT. That is why good people join us. That's why you should too.