Electrical Site Supervisor
- 9 Straits View, Singapore
Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore subsidiary of Fortis Construction, Inc., an employee-owned general contractor committed to making an impact—through the built environments we deliver and the relationships we build in the process. The firm adds value to each construction project with specialized services including accurate estimating, value analyses, constructability review, construction management, in-house MEP and 3D modeling resources, sustainability expertise and integrated commissioning. Dedicated to the markets of commercial offices, data centers, healthcare and higher education, we have the resources to provide the highest level of quality for projects ranging from tenant improvements of less than $100,000 to high-tech facilities of more than $400 million.
We are seeking an individual with electrical technical experience for the position of Electrical Site Supervisor at Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore operations. The candidate will work directly with the Electrical Construction Manager and the subcontractors throughout the six-year construction phase of the largest multistory data center in Asia (The Project).
Reporting to the Electrical Construction Manager, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating site related works with the Electrical Subcontractors to perform their scope of work in the strictest of compliance to the contract documents. This role is focused on working in the field and will report directly to the Electrical Construction Manager. This candidate should understand all aspects of construction in relation to executing work on site.
It is expected the candidate will be a very detailed individual with previous experience working as an Electrical Site Supervisor on data center projects and or other complex technical projects. There will be a significant amount of “hands on” work coordinating in the field with contractors during the installation of all aspects of the project. The candidate must have strong Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the client, the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
- Represent Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. in the utmost professional manner while constantly embracing honesty, integrity, and truth
- Comply with Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. anti-graft, non-bribery requirements
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, electrical, mechanical, and control systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule
- Attend daily job site safety meetings and perform weekly project safety audits
- Work with the project safety team to ensure all works are being carried out to the highest levels of safety
- Coordinate with onsite Resident Technical Officers (RTOs) and Resident Engineers( REs) for all required inspections and work verification
- Develop look ahead schedules and assist the Electrical Construction Manager in long range planning
- Facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and all subcontractors during construction
- Work closely with the Electrical Construction Manager to lead logistics of all installed structural works
- Working knowledge of critical electrical systems and how data centers operate, are commissioned and are sequenced in a high-rise construction project
- Log and post all electrical changes and as-built information on field drawings. Provide such information to VDC team so such information can be incorporated into the final virtual model.
- Ensure all information is current and communicated with Electrical/project team.
- Interface with the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) manager for all client-provided equipment
- Liaise with the electrical engineering consultant, supervisory engineers, inspectors and relevant staff
- Produce weekly cloud-based QA/QC check for the electrical scope of work
- Ensure that Electrical Subcontractors adhere to relevant quality documentation/records
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of all electrical and mechanical equipment
- Must possess BCSS certificate
- Electrical construction background. Data center construction, petrochemical or pharmaceutical is also a plus
- Experience building data centers or other technically intensive facilities
- 5+ years of electrical site supervisor experience
- Electrical and engineering working knowledge of plans, engineering drawings, specifications and schematics associated with the mechanical and electrical trades
- Computer literacy. Significant experience with Excel, Word, and other computer based tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in English