- Sunview Way, Singapore
Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore subsidiary of Fortis Construction, Inc., an employee-owned general contractor committed to making an impact—through the built environments we deliver and the relationships we build in the process. The firm adds value to each construction project with specialized services including accurate estimating, value analyses, constructability review, construction management, in-house MEP and 3D modeling resources, sustainability expertise and integrated commissioning. Dedicated to the markets of commercial offices, data centers, healthcare and higher education, we have the resources to provide the highest level of quality for projects ranging from tenant improvements of less than $100,000 to high-tech facilities of more than $1 billion.
We are seeking an individual with BIM Detailing and graphic design experience for the position of Virtual Planner for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore operations. The candidate will take lead in development of visual presentation of the logistics, schedule, and 3D/4D sequencing throughout the six-year design and construction phase of the largest multistory data center in Asia (The Project).
Reporting to the Sr. Construction Manager, the candidate will be accountable for visually displaying the schedule, sequencing and programming the overall logistic work on the project in tandem with VDC team. Knowledge and implementation experience of necessary BIM software technologies is required. This role is focused primarily on the architectural rendering of the site logistic plan. It is critical that the individual which fills this position is a critical thinker and have the visual capabilities to envision how the project will be constructed and do so in a collaborative project team environment.
It is expected the candidate will be a very detailed individual with extensive previous experience working with different BIM softwares and produce different types of models. There will be a significant amount of “hands on” work in understanding and implementing the Project plan. The candidate must have excellent Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the client, the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
- Represent Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. in the utmost professional manner while constantly embracing honesty, integrity, and truth.
- Comply with Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. anti-graft, non-bribery requirements
- Coordinate and share the virtual planning, scheduling, and logistics program evolutions and lessons learned with Fortis Construction, Inc. US scheduling program manager working for the same client.
- Adhere to Fortis and the client’s corporate standards for VDC/BIM/VR/QA/QC requirements and workflows across Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd.’s practice as well as coordinate with site-based teams
- Works closely with planner that is working on this project on the timeline for the virtual production of the logistic plan
- Generate site logistic plan in 4D models
- Represent Fortis Construction Pte Ltd. in the Singapore VDC/BIM industry
- Adhere to collaborative project workflow process with project partners across all architectural and engineering teams, subcontractors, and within the Fortis teams
- Ensure the subcontractors and vendors follow the specifications and standards in the project VDC implementation plan
- Coordinate with professional staff on reviewing models and gathering any comments relevant to their specific trades
- Actively participate in the development of VR, AR, MR, and other futuristic BIM-based applications by assisting the Senior VDC Manager
- Assist the Senior VDC Manager in implementing the learning and sharing process with the team in a collaborative multinational environment
- Participate in the weekly BIM coordination meetings, and other meetings as required
- Oversee third party detailers and collaborators from subcontractors and vendors, manage and report their timely performance
- Technologically inclined with a passion to improve personal skillsets and BIM-related processes
- Create daily, weekly reports based on the deliverables set out by the Sr. Construction Manager
- Achieve goals established in the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. VDC/BIM implementation guidelines
- Bachelors’ degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management, with 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Industry BIM Certification (Revit Professional, BCA BIM courses) is preferred
- Passion for BIM, VR, IPD, Lean and other industry related areas
- Must have extensive knowledge of the features, functions, and limitations of Autodesk and Bentley 3D/BIM Platforms, including experience with complex workflows involving these systems
- Experience with Design-Bid-Build, Design/Build, Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and other modern contractual delivery processes
- Fluency with BIM authoring platforms for facility design and construction (Autodesk Revit, Rhino, etc.). Knowledge of API tools preferred
- Knowledge of visual programming tools such as Dynamo, Grasshopper, Fuzor, etc.
- Fluency with collaboration and data management solutions like Procore, C4R, BIM 360 Suite (Glue, Field, Docs, Plan) Navisworks, Navigator, BIMSite, PlanGrid, Fieldwire.
- Fluency with Bluebeam and other markup and design review tools