- 2727 Allen Pkwy, Houston, TX 77019, USA
Forthea is an award-winning digital marketing agency that improves lead generation for clients by focusing on superior data analytics and creative executions that produce measurable results. Forthea’s rock-solid commitment to core values and sustained business excellence has led to successful partnerships with a variety of B2B and B2C clients around the world. Forthea was founded in 2006 in Houston, where it maintains its U.S. corporate headquarters.
Forthea has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Houston, one of the fastest-growing companies in Houston, and one of the largest Houston-area advertising agencies. Forthea President Christopher Pappas has been recognized as one of Houston’s top young business leaders.
• Manages a team of organic search marketers
• Maintains the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
• Leads the SEO team in the continuing development of up-to-date SEO best practices & strategies
• Provide SEO thought leadership, innovation, process improvement initiatives to the firm and its clients
• Directs team to manage client expectations, deliverables and timelines
• Drives cross-team planning and strategies for all assigned clients
• Responsible for the optimization of key client accounts
• Works directly with clients to plan & implement online campaigns & SEO strategies that align with client KPIs and marketing goals
• Regularly creates, analyzes and presents insightful and actionable SEO performance reports for client’s website(s)
• Direct, participate in and report findings of comprehensive client Website Audits & Competitive Search Analyses
• Manages team that creates, proofs and posts web copy, content documents and online marketing efforts including email campaigns
• Models the way for the SEO team to stay on top of SEO industry changes, social trends and search engine updates
• Mentors team members on SEO best practices & strategies and account management techniques
• Effectively prioritizes efforts to focus the team on delivering on the most important things tracks and reports on program results, data analysis and participates in regular client calls
• 10+ years of SEO Account Management experience at an Agency for both domestic & international clients
• Proven history of successful SEO strategy creation and implementation
• Proven experience leading teams (5+) with a variety of levels of experience
• An in depth understanding of search engines, search engine optimization and factors that influence high rankings in Google
• Extensive Experience with SEO migrations
• Extensive experience with Google Search Console, and SEO Tools & Platforms such as Majestic SEO, Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
• Extensive experience with analytics suites such as Core Metrics or Google Analytics
• Excellent copywriting skills with a high standard of written English
• Strong knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing and how to integrate SEO to support them
• Basic HTML and CSS competency, and ability to specify technical changes to technical/development teams
• Working knowledge of PPC programs and optimizing data gathered from both paid and organic sources
• Working knowledge of CRO (conversion rate optimization) strategies
• Working knowledge of eCommerce best practices
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, and advanced skill with Excel
• Experience creating a personal websites a plus
• Proven experience effectively managing and mentoring team members a plus
• Ability to travel – Once a quarter (may fluctuate dependent on client needs)
• Organizational Agility – can marshal resources to get things done, is resourceful to accomplish goals. Ability to be scrappy and get into the “nitty gritty” with the team as needed.
• Time Management – uses time effectively/efficiently, prioritizes projects, gets more done in less time.
• Communication Skills – speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being over verbose or talkative. Great listener.
• Presentation Skills – skilled in presenting and having command with senior level clients and large rooms of people.
• Action Oriented – enjoys working hard, full of energy for new challenges, seizes opportunity
• Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, relentless learner, open to change, improves, enjoys challenges and finding solutions.
• Creativity – comes up with new and unique channel and business ideas, and always adds value.
• Strategic Thinking – able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Proven ability to deeply understand a client’s business model, generate strategic ideas and effectively communicate/influence C-suite.
• Develops Team & Others – provides challenging and stretching tasks/assignments aware of each person’s goals, constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Able to work with broad spectrum of people – senior to junior level, multiple mindsets.
• Organization and Planning – plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
• Follow-through on Commitments – lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
• Analytical Skills – highly analytical mind, able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw. insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
• Attention to Detail – does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
• Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can decide or act without the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
- Great salary and secure working environment
- Excellent benefits including paid health insurance, vacation, dental
- Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge agency and helping it grow
- Working with a talented and dedicated group
- Casual atmosphere with professional standards
- Creative, modern and spacious work environment
Location: Central Houston, TX
---Hiring Process/Application Instructions---
- Please apply through this listing, following the instructions provided. You will be asked for (1) an up-to-date resume/CV and (2) your recent Salary History.
- In addition please include the following attachment(s):
- A brief letter (1-3 paragraphs) that tells us what you can do and why you are the right person for this position. You are welcome to use whatever tools or mechanisms you feel would get the point across.
**We will require multiple solid references; candidate must pass pre-hiring tests. This will take 4-8 weeks to play out.