Database Reporting Programmer
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Database Reporting Programmer is responsible for reporting financial and statistical data to insurance bureaus, state insurance departments, and other organizations for all lines of insurance. This position will develop methods and procedures to report quality data timely and efficiently (utilizing best practices of data management.) This role will work closely with the Product teams to analyze and research new regulatory reporting requirements, including existing and new states, using the project life cycle. The Successful candidate may also provide business support to the Finance and Accounting team. The Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, testing, maintenance, and support of statistical reporting solutions. This individual will work with internal Business Representatives, external customers, and IT Development Staff to analyze requirements and develop solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Toad Data Point and/or Excel applications.
Additionally, the Analyst will review data as a means of providing insight into existing data issues and supporting the decisions that need to be made around data remediation, including the development of data cleansing and standardization rules. The Analyst will assist with the design of logical reporting data models based upon business requirements and will help to define data access parameters.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or equivalent work experience
- 1 – 3 years of technical experience in financial report delivery for P&C insurance carriers.
- 4+ experience of advanced knowledge of T-SQL and/or ANSI SQL, ETL and Data Warehousing
- Ability to create complex scripts to identify and address data quality issues correct the mismatched data
- 4+ years SQL Server development experience using T-SQL and SSIS
- Experience building appropriate data models and designing tables to effectively support large data volumes
- Demonstrate ability to pull together a well-designed, end-to-end process with knowledge of the MS-SQL product-stack
- Ability to troubleshoot and tune database configurations, ETL processes and SQL code for optimal performance
- Experience with warehousing best practices and methodologies
- 4+ experience of advanced knowledge of T-SQL and/or ANSI SQL, ETL and Data Warehousing Create and maintain SQL scripts and packages using SSIS
- Database/ETL developer responsible for building relational and data warehousing applications, unit test, document the ETL process
- Proficiency in the development of complex technical solutions and scripts using SSIS SQL Server
- Developing data links and data loading scripts, including data transformations, reconciliations, and accuracies
- Have a participated in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Support ETL processing for transforming and loading data into the data warehouse
- Experience in building and testing complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, SQL Server Management Studio, Toad Data Point and related BI Tools
- Finance process and data analysis experience with strong understanding of relationships and operational dependencies in a typical finance department
- Expertise in
- Delivering solutions using established database technologies such as SQL
- Developing strategies and tactics, and in determining the correct prioritization of work items to ensure the best business outcome
- Understanding of insurance financial operations, processes and insurance data structures
- Knowledge of statutory reporting requirements for P&C lines of business
- Strong Techno/functional experience delivering reporting solutions to finance team
- Proven analytics, root cause analysis skills and ability to solve difficult problems
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra