Manager, Claims Operations
- 517 US-1, Iselin, NJ 08830, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Claims Operations Manager is responsible for managing all non-technical aspects of operations for the Specialty Claims organization at Fortegra. Develops and maintains procedures and guidelines that will effectively and efficiently accomplish the predetermined objectives of the Company and the Claims area. Drives the team to meet Fortegra Corporate goals around production, EBITDA and Revenue growth as well as ensuring the following of the Fortegra Way.
- Assists with creation of and monitoring of departmental key performance indicators and development and implementation of operational metrics.
- Assigns, distributes and coordinates work of the team with other teams ensuring consistent, efficient and timely delivery of service to drive superior results.
- Assists with creation and implementation of departmental quality assurance program. Executes program and provides management reporting.
- Provide operational oversight for TPA’s to ensure compliance with and ensure compliance with service agreements.
- Validates staffing levels and anticipates workforce demands.
- Ensures compliance with company and industry regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Develops and maintains relationships and resolves operational and procedural difficulties/issues with management, work teams and customers as necessary.
- Prepares and distributes management reports (i.e. production/quality). Uses information analysis tools, technology and key metrics to make decisions.
- Represents the team in meetings with management and provides input for management decision making.
- Maintains panel counsel list and other vendor information
- Coordinates CLE training and licensing
- Drive a continuous improvement culture
- Plan, recommend, and promote policies that will support the company and department objectives.
- 7 to 10 years’ professional experience in Specialty (P&C) claims field
- Management and supervision of claims staff
- Degree in Business Administration, Management or closely related field or equivalent work experience
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills to drive teams and initiatives
- Ability to build formal and informal relationships and networks within and across organizational boundaries
- Process drive, forward thinking with a proven track record of delivering results
- Proven track record of keeping promises to Fortegra team
- Execution leadership. Proven track record of leading a team to improved performance for customers and Fortegra
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra