Finance Systems Senior Administrator
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Finance Systems Senior Administrator leverages financial systems acumen and analytical skills, as well as an understanding of accounting and finance functions to maintain financial systems from the perspective of the end user community and help those systems to function efficiently and effectively for the end user group. Relevant systems include but are not limited to Oracle EBS, Blackline, and Workiva, as well as data analytics tools OBIEE and Toad.
Areas of accountability will include:
- Maintain Oracle charts of accounts and related parent rollup relationships and be a source of knowledge and guidance for the establishment of new values.
- Build and maintain reports within the financial systems.
- Create, maintain, and terminate end-user profiles.
- Support month-end interface file processes.
- Monitor daily and monthly exception reports and address matters as appropriate either directly or in collaboration with IT resources.
- Provide substantial support to systems enhancement projects, which may include gathering business requirements, tracking project issues, assisting in development of test cases, performance of testing.
- Participate as an administrator for Blackline, as a backup to the primary administrator.
- Provide administrative support to Oracle EBS end-users, through the following areas:
- User creation, maintenance, and termination
- Chart of accounts maintenance, including parent structures
- Code combinations maintenance
- Create and maintain reports and queries in Oracle EBS and/or Oracle OBIEE as assigned.
- Run interface processes as assigned, and trouble-shoot issues.
- Blackline user and data maintenance.
- Participate in system upgrades and enhancement projects in scoping, business requirement documentation, testing, and issues tracking.
- Provide troubleshooting and support to the business end users, through analysis of data and report or query structures.
- Coordinate with technical resources to resolve technical and operational problems, issues, and obstacles
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or systems discipline or equivalent, relevant work experience
- 2 plus years Oracle EBS end-user and administration experience
- Familiarity with accounting and finance functions, ideally through direct experience as an accountant or financial analyst
- Direct knowledge of accounting and financial processes and concepts.
- Prior involvement with complex financial systems, Oracle EBS a must.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to work with large volumes of data.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Ability to develop and document business requirements and project tasks.
- Capable of relating business issues to information technology associates to achieve the necessary resolution of issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with desktop applications such as but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, screen capture software
- Ability to give directions to and mentor accountants and analysts, and to be influential in an indirect reporting structure.
- Promote a cooperative and productive team environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with internal and external clients.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra