Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Primarily responsible for managing the assigned working unit in Operations. Monitor, advise, control and coordinate associates and workflow within the assigned unit to meet goals and standards established by the organization. Maintain an understanding of relative state laws, rates, and limits used in processing, as well as company guidelines and production standards for the area. Provide support for associates and take appropriate action regarding job skills, knowledge, training and development. Maintain all Service Level Agreements as defined.
- Monitor, evaluate and report status of production to ensure that unit is meeting monthly performance and financial requirements
- Monitor and evaluate workflow to analyze needs and identify problem areas
- Ensure training is in place to meet requirements at all levels within the unit
- Coach and develop associates to meet and/or exceed performance goals
- Maintain and monitor appropriate staffing levels
- Document and counsel associates regarding unacceptable behaviors or performance
- Maintain and update Desk Manual documentation in the approved format
- Approve refund and claims checks, write-offs, and voids submitted through the system
- Verify and post all cash deposits made by support representatives in the multiple system platforms.
- Provide assistance to accounts or agents with rates or programming issues to resolve discrepancies.
- Provide assistance to insured, agents, accounts and other departments within the company when needed
- Research, document and communicate any system or data problems to the appropriate area
- Suggest changes in procedure to improve efficiency and eliminate on-going problems
- Evaluate and take action on any aged items. Communicate with client, account or agent in regards to receivable balance to include explanation and documentation of amount due.
- Review outstanding ledger items and recommend action to be taken for resolution. Maintain documentation of all aged account receivable balances by associated client, account or agent.
- Communicate with clients on reporting, processes, questions, data, etc.
- Assist in obtaining Fortegra Corporate goals around production, EBITDA and Revenue Growth.
- Promote and drive The Fortegra Way Principles.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6 to 8 years of work experience with insurance or related financial products
- 1 – 4 years of manager experience in the insurance and/or financial services environment
- Computer desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel and Windows operating systems
- Customer Service training, rate and formula computation training, and management training preferred.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra