- 10751 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
This position requires an organized, detail oriented and efficient individual to support the Credit Compliance team. Duties include developing and reviewing insurance policies and certificates, researching insurance and financial statutes, and assisting in insurance form filings with state insurance departments. Additional responsibilities may include drafting and issuing bulletins with updated terms or rates, agency agreements, commission agreements and cancellation letters.
- Develop insurance policy forms and supporting materials
- File forms and rates with State Insurance Departments; direct communication with these departments is required
- Monitor state insurance department bulletins for regulatory changes and updates; communicate such changes to underwriting teams, independent agents and brokers
- Interpret and apply information from state insurance statutes and provide guidance to underwriters, licensing and other teams
- File policy forms and underwriting data in appropriate systems
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation and distribution of bulletin notifications as required.
- Generally assist the compliance team to ensure completion of projects within the projected target dates.
- Supervise Regulatory &/or Compliance Analyst
- Special projects as assigned by EVP, VP, Director, &/or Managers of Compliance
- 5 years of experience in insurance, compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Completion of Professional Designation i.e, CPCU, ACP, ARC &/or AINS
- Understanding of insurance products offered and business structure
- Self-Motivated, with ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to organize and manage work of subordinates to meet project and compliance deadlines for multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze issues, problem solve and recommend actionable responses
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with internal/external customers and executive management
- Excellent document preparation and proofing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- SERFF experience preferred
- Experience with Communicating with State Insurance Boards, Bureaus and other external clients.
- Ability to establish framework for issuing policies and procedures for compliance staff.
- Ability to conduct legislation, regulation and statutory research to ensure product compliance with state requirements.
- Experienced user in SERFF, AAIS, SFAA, and ISONET
- Ability to preserve and protect proprietary and confidential information
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.