Customer Service Representative
- 10751 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Primarily responsible for providing professional customer service over the telephone to retail and general agents, carriers and their insureds to obtain maintain and service premium finance agreements and accounts through incoming phone calls. Monitors the Automated Call Distribution phone lines, answers calls, and responds to customers according to the company’s established standards.
- Post daily payments received in the mail and process payments called in or faxed by insured and agents. Prepare daily and monthly deposit and bank reconciliation reports.
- Solicit premium financing from agents and provide service and support to help increase revenue. Process finance quotes and answer inquires called in by agents on financing, payment status inquires, notifications on suspended accounts
- Activate accounts based on signed finance agreements received from agents and general agents. Verify
- Fax or email finance quotes, returned checks and process cancellations as requested by agents. Set up usernames and passwords for new agents.
- Compose letters on checks to be returned to insured due to cancellation or accounts paid in full.
- Contact agents via phone, fax or email, to update insured’s mailing address, verify contract signatures and agent contact information
- Verify premium discrepancies and insured’s status with General Agents on late set up accounts
- Advise General Agents when we will send finance checks on last set up accounts
- Call, fax or email agents requesting copy of signed finance agreements that are missing on file
- 3 plus years’ experience in accounts payable or accounting and customer service.
- Insurance experience and customer service training is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Associates degree in Accounting/Business or related field preferred
- Requires some knowledge of a specialized function or skill
- Developing real trade craft and skills
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.