Director Warranty Claims Administration
- 10751 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Director of Warranty Claims Administration will manage, plan, organize, lead, control, and coordinate the provision of services in the area(s) of Automotive & Recreational Vehicle and Service Warranty Claims and Services. Claims adjudication, claims systems and/or support services, i.e. Litigation, Underwriting and Sales Support. This role is vital to the support and service promised by Fortegra to its dealers and customers by professionally administering our contractual obligations set forth by the consumer service agreement and the four corners of the dealer agreement. Supporting the customer by practicing the corporate customer service objectives and by providing required as well as value-added services. This role will manage the day to day operations of Claims, Claim Payments, denials and relationship management with accounts.
- Manages, oversees, supervises, analyzes and coordinates associates and functions of the department to set quality and quantity standards and scheduled processing time periods.
- Defines the mapping of services to users to establish the structure of service level agreements for the organization; ensures that a catalogue of all available services is created and maintained.
- Determines service level requirements for each area subject to an agreement.
- Monitors service levels achieved, ensures records are maintained and analyzed, initiates actions, and issues reports on achievement to users, providers, and management.
- Reviews all service level agreements to ensure continued meeting of targets in a cost-effective manner and to balance overall user requirements with current and planned services.
- Reviews all services to ensure cost effective performance and keeps abreast of the industry to ensure our services meet or exceed the competition.
- Develops business plans based on corporate goals based on area(s) of responsibility
- Interacts regularly with all levels of corporate management to develop solutions to corporate level business needs.
- Evaluate associates and complete performance evaluations with recommendation for salary adjustment or disciplinary action or performance improvement plan.
- Interview and evaluate applicants for employment.
- Demonstrate the following attributes: Idea Generator, Thought Leader, and Problem Solver.
- AOP monitoring and development.
- Develop and secures approval of a coordinated budget for area(s) of responsibility and guides managerial personnel in the development of their budgets as necessary. Administers or delegates the administration of budgets, approving expenditures, reviewing reports, variances, etc.
- Develops, approves, and (when necessary) secures approval of policies designed to ensure the attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans for area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures the development of procedures necessary to implement policy. Provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective area services.
- Hires managerial staff and (as necessary) assists them in planning staffing patterns for their area(s) of responsibility. Develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and discharges associates. Ensures the development of function-specific orientation and training programs for area associates. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates staff according to such standards. Delegates these responsibilities to managerial personnel as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate management and supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information.
- Responsible for the provision of services in the area(s) of claims.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of an ongoing quality assurance program for area(s) of responsibility. Ensures compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Establish claim procedures and system requirements to support current and future products to ensure accurate adjudication and administration of claims.
- Review problem claims that exceed authority limits of direct reports and take necessary action.
- Prepares required management reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for area(s) of responsibility.
- Supports business objectives through regular interaction with Executives and/or account installations.
- Participates on committees and in programs for disaster recovery. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs.
- Serves as liaison with other organizational components; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the company’s overall business fulfilment system.
- Receives and investigates complaints concerning his or her area(s) of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply. Manage for all established key metrics and SLA’s and develops an action plan when are at risk.
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) of (whatever the functional specialty or specialties may be) by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years professional and advance experience in Claims Administration and/or Service Contract industry
- Previous managerial experience in a Manager or Director level role.
- Advanced knowledge in Service Contracts
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Ideal leader – formulates multiple new ideas and implements
- Proven ability to exceed performance expectations and create value for consumers, customer
- Idea leader – formulates multiple new ideas and implements
- Proven ability to exceed performance expectations and create value for consumers, customers and Fortegra
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.